What Battery Packs do you use in the Teddy? - RC Groups
May 04, 2001, 11:57 PM

What Battery Packs do you use in the Teddy?

What types of battery packs do you use in your Multiplex Pico teddy? I got the "Complete Kit" with the 6-Cell Battery :::
Will the Radio Shack 1600 Nimh batteries work in this plane or should I stick with the Teddy stock 6-cell Battery?
What kind of flight times can I expect with the stock pack? Where can I get an NIMH pack?
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2001, 12:35 AM
Hi there......
Just got back from flying my teddy....=) In calm winds on a 7 cell 600mAh cell i get about 12-14 minutes....just cruising around. In slight winds, need more throttle to overcome the wind and thus fly time goes down to about 7 minutes....i am going to get a pack of 8 cell 1100 mAh NiMh cells...hope to get more fly time.....oh can see me PT-19 version of the Teddy here <http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1557776&a=11823468>....
have fun!
May 05, 2001, 07:00 PM
I bought the Complete Set with my Teddy, It includes the Speed Control, 2 #msx-3 Sub-micro servos & the Stock Teddy 6-Cell 600Mah Pack, the Motor they supplied is a Permax 7.2 volt Speed 400 Motor. Will the Teddy even fly with a 6-cell pack on a 7.2V motor?
Where do you get your Teddy Packs or do you make yours yourself?
May 06, 2001, 01:38 AM
I make my own packs....made a mistake in calculation...should have made packs of 8 as i still needed some noseweight to get the CG right. Oh....do get the CG right as per instructions or else you will have a very 'handful' Teddy to fly.
good luck!
May 06, 2001, 07:40 AM
Thanks Muah:
What configuration did you make your Teddy packs into? Like this :::: (turned upright?)
Also, where did you get your batteries?

P.S. - I agree with the 8-Cell pack idea.
May 06, 2001, 09:52 AM
Yup.....line them up like that :::: and squeeze it into the nose....check the other threads for teddy, one of them showed 6 AA size batteries.....have fun flying your teddy...oh....don't forget to put some tape on the wings, first teddy's wing folded!!! have fun!! =)
May 06, 2001, 09:59 AM
Thanks Muah:
What kind of tape do you use, I have some of the 3" wide clear tape we use in our shipping dept, is that what you use? or the kind thats about 1/2" wide & has fibers running thru it?
May 07, 2001, 10:30 PM
I use a 7 cell pack and the nose still needs some extra weight! more lead . I have 700 and 500 mah pack but as the test flights with the cg just on the recommended spot proved a real handful I am going to add a little extra nose weight to get it to balance.