Dec 16, 2002, 09:43 PM
Fast sticks quick crash.
)Dreamer,

The planes look awesome, so glad your wife participates in your R\C activities (you lucky %$#@ ). I have to say that valley you are flying out of is absolutely gorgeous!! Holy cow, how can you concentrate on the planes?

I hope this is not considered a faux paux (sp?), but I have a field charger that one other refered to here and thought it a picture may clarify what "it" is. I surely hope this does not fubar or load at 1600x1200 or irritate the individual who started this post...

This is a Schumacker remote battery charger, I am uncertain of the total MAH but it is more then I have ever required. Get home and plug it back into a wall socket and it is ready to go the next time. I did modify it slightly, added the front "L" bracket and cut the power leads and added some bannana plugs for easy connection to my field charger.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2002, 09:55 PM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
KB, that's a cool toy! What does something like that cost?

Martin
Dec 16, 2002, 10:22 PM
Fast sticks quick crash.
Dreamer,

I got it at Sears on sale, I think it was about $80.00 U.S., plus some plugs and scrap aluminum. Just tried it with the new Orbit, and all is good. I only have small packs, 1400 AE and less, so I have never pushed it past fifteen charges in a single outing, curious how it would handle charging some of the larger packs used out there.
Dec 16, 2002, 10:44 PM
End User
nice planes, nice pics too! you live in a perfect dreamworld, man
Dec 16, 2002, 11:58 PM
Wait a dog gone minute here! It's December in Canada and you're wearing a blazer?? There's no snow on the ground. No snow in the mountains?

I think that's an imposter! Someone has stolen Dreamer's planes and his wife and headed south.

Don't you know you can't fly another man's plane, you are doomed to failure..

Grant
Dec 17, 2002, 12:08 AM
SHHHHHHHHH!! If the Snow Gods figure out they Missed us we are going to get a BIG dump of snow and thats the LAST thing i need........So QUITE!! And Martin No More Flaunting our good weather If those same snow Gods see you out in that Blazer.....We WILL GET SNOW! So Bundle up and pretend to shiver every now and then Ok?

Kush
Dec 17, 2002, 03:44 AM
Aerial Shutterbug
Well it looks like Martin' Snow Gods came down this way. 10" to 14" of rain in a couple of days, up to 100 MPH winds. 4' + snow in the Sierras. Can't say even Martins Golden Ticket could have stayed up in this weather we've been having!

Hey Martin, that's really cool hearing about Christine's flying. Can't say my better half wants to fly but my kids sure are eager (3 and 8 y.o.) They both take turns sitting in my lap as I fly my T.M. about, great fun

Roger
Dec 17, 2002, 10:13 PM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
Me and mal had a rockin' good flying time today!

I got in four miniflash flights and two switchback flights. Most of my miniflash time was hovering practice. Thanks to Paul Susbauer, I'm getting the hang of it - I can manage about 5-6 seconds now! Wooo!

The switchback is grooving beautifully, even on stock power (for now).

I got to be a bit of a smart-ass today - there were 3 or 4 kids standing by, watching me fly. One asking "how high can it go". I was sort of in a hover, so I said "let's find out" and punched the throttle. UUUUUUUUUUUUUP she went until she was a speck. They loved it! I then did a throttle off vertical dive complete with rolls. They loved that too.

I do have excuses for no further video, and particularly not for having the forward facing onboard video. My batteries in the camera are dead and I found out today that rechargeable alkalines really aren't. I've got rechargeable alkaline juice in a spot on my work bench now! Doh! Anyway, I'm full of excuses, but I'll get more videos coming soon. I've got a cool idea for an inverted pass video too.

Martin
Dec 17, 2002, 10:48 PM
Tee Sqaured
MAN, i wish it WOULD snow!!!!!

Im just DIEING to get back on the ski slopes!( sorry Kush )

That looks awsome martin! you DO live in a dream world! You got the best planes, you got the best place to fly, Christine flyes to! the best i got is a brother thats flown twice, crashed once
, and ruined about 50$ work of stuff in my workshop! lol, i will have to make do

Thomas
Dec 17, 2002, 11:09 PM

Vertical

Hey Dreamer...Nice Pics. Anyway, I have a question. Were you using the switchback or the Miniflash when you punched the throttle for the kids. Also, that was with just a stock 300c, and a purple power(HE CELLS???) I am just curious, because I would love to try going vertical, but all I have is DXA airplanes. Once I learn to fly with alierons, I think I may go miniflash. -P
Dec 17, 2002, 11:13 PM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
Patrick, that was with the Hacker powered miniflash. The stock switchback will nowhere near go vertical with the setup I've got, as I'm using 8x720 NiMH's.

Martin
Dec 17, 2002, 11:14 PM
Looks like you may have to travel to whistler there Thomas. As long as the snow stays onthe mountians i do not care how much it snows! In fact I like the snow....WHEN I GO TO IT. Sunpeaks is supposedly going to have a Sitski this year and i would like to go try it out. Anyways Back on subject

Martin scared the poop out of me today While flying his SB he was comming in inverted and from where i was sitting it looked asthough he was headed right for a garbage can just as iam getting relieved he is not going to hit it He noses it down a little more and now it looks like it is heading for the cement imbutment right beside it instead! Talk about heart stopppage! I hear this More than aduable MARTIN! Come out of my mouth as I look over i see he is snickering at me. "Gotcha" he says.

I will get him back one of these days!

I just love it when these kids come over and ask these simple questions Like
"How far will it go"? " Can it go higher"?
(What i really liked is the answer Martin gave today)
These Kids were in AWWW

And then there are the kids that come back day after day with the same questions Which by the way Is when i consider a question to be a STUPID question. and they get a stupid answer back.
@ Martin I had a great time today. Thanks for all your Input i really think your helpfull tip "Full Power Full Power is what saved the MF today...THANKS!

Kush
Last edited by kushal_22; Dec 18, 2002 at 12:32 PM.
Dec 18, 2002, 12:05 AM
TeamZiering
Hmm, 10 to 15 bucks for a motorcylcle battery is not bad at all. How do I charge the thing though? I just the GWS charger. Someone else in my family has one of those car charger things. Will that work to hook up my charger toO!? Isn't it too much juice. I worry about over charging/blowing my charger to pieces.

-enigmabomb-
Dec 18, 2002, 04:06 AM
DREAMERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You delivered. Okay.. I am drawn once again to Mountain Models force. Thank you for accepting my challenge on my previous post towards make this plane hover.....

Doug, I want one ...I love it dreamer, I love it.. Martin, what's you opinion on mega7turn? Powering the MF?

genovia.
Dec 18, 2002, 12:34 PM
Not sure on how to charge it other than the way i was told. Anyone else want to take this question for enigmabob?

Quick Reply