Dec 14, 2002, 09:18 PM
Master ReKitter

Source for GWS gearbox that fits AstroFlight 010?

I saw the article concerning the GWS gearbox modification that accepts the AF 010. Can someone post the link to the supplier? I just swapped to my second SS motor tonight as I wore out the first with all of the flying I'm doing. I would just as soon install the 010 and be done with it...

thanks,
Bill
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2002, 10:15 PM
www.aeromicro.com
Dec 14, 2002, 10:35 PM
Vertical Wake
Is the Astro 010 DD different than the one comes with the astro gearbox? If not , it looks like you go geared for about $112 with a GWS gearbox vs $140 for the 010G. You can also try Balsa Products (great service!) although I don't know if they sell the gear drives individually. Does this mod involve drilling out the gear for the 010's thicker shaft?
Dec 14, 2002, 11:07 PM
it involves machining the hole in the gear bigger as well as machining the gearbox itself for motor clearance as the 010 is a little bigger in diameter than the speed 300
Dec 15, 2002, 02:00 AM
Blew out my flip flop
The 64 pitch car pinions will work with the 010, and seem to mesh well with the gws gear. I modified a gws 300 unit with a ply circle, so that I could bolt my 010 in and adjust the mesh by sliding the motor, just like most commercial boxes. I can post a pis if need be, but its the gws model that is grey, looks like a enlarged dxa gb.

Later,
David