Dec 14, 2002, 02:16 PM
Thread OP

Can I use an AC adaptor with Hitec CG-330?

I'm sure this ranks as a dumb question, but can I use an AC adaptor to supply power to my Hitec CG-330 charger?
The adaptor I'd like to use outputs 12V DC, 6W, 500ma.

thanks! I'm getting tired of popping the car hood open.

John Webb
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2002, 02:28 PM
eflyguy
No, you'd need a power supply capable of providing at least 2-3A, 10-20A would be better.
..a
Feb 14, 2009, 09:35 PM
I just went through this with a thunder power charger. You need to make sure that the power supply has the proper voltage 11v to 15v and that is has enough amp to run the charger to the max. I found a power supply at a high end electronic store for $40 12v and 7amps or 7000mAh. Also you need to make sure that it is a good power supply that can handle the load. Most hobby shops sell them as well. good luck
Rick
Feb 15, 2009, 03:52 AM
Mr. 1 Post
You want a capable power supply? Commonsenserc will sell you one.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=996992

Although, you probably already have a capable supply in the closet of your back room inside that 8 year old computer. It probably puts out close to 10 amps if it was made in this decade.

Search these forums, and eBay for 49P2020 to get a solution that outputs 30 amps... and at $9 you won't find a easier, more powerful method for 10 times that amount.

While you are on eBay, look up "meanwell" and see if you recognize any of those.
Feb 15, 2009, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc
I just went through this with a thunder power charger. You need to make sure that the power supply has the proper voltage 11v to 15v and that is has enough amp to run the charger to the max.
It's possible that well over 6 years later the OP has either found a power supply or lost interest .

It's worth taking a quick look at how old messages are before replying to them.

Steve
Feb 15, 2009, 01:40 PM
oops Guess I got a little excited because I actually had something relevant to say. This whole thread thing is new to me. I will be more observant next time thanks
Feb 15, 2009, 04:58 PM
Reduce the drama...
That's completely ok!
Contributors get the warm fuzzies!
Feb 16, 2009, 03:21 PM
Mr. 1 Post
Ha, ha, I didn't even notice! I see now that beside the thread it shows how many days old the thread is... this one was 2000 something.
I just like to preach the gospel of $9.00, 30 amp, super small, pretty quiet, ultra smooth, doesn't-matter-if-you-feed-12V-power-INTO-the-output-terminals, super delicious, IBM power supply.
The CG 330 SHOULD have given it away though.

Quick Reply