Dec 28, 2020, 11:31 PM
Rest In Peace SweetHeart
Happy Holidays Everyone!

I just saw a great deal in the classifieds and thought someone here might be interested.

An SG with Scale Body Kit $400: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...C-145-Body-Kit
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2020, 11:00 AM
"you'll play to live "
Happy and SAFE Holidays for all Quark's Lover's.

Hey FR4-Pilot, how do you do? That was a good deal and may be a good winter's project too . I still prefer painted fuselage , more to pay but awesome Tamiya job...

AC
Dec 30, 2020, 04:09 PM
Rest In Peace SweetHeart
Hey AC! Still hanging in here.
Just waiting for this awful year to end - really hoping the next one is better
Yes, those Tamiya paint jobs are beautiful!
Mar 23, 2021, 09:41 PM

Srb4b+xk k110

Hi guys,

I succeeded in reforming the mechanism of the SRB4B so that XK K110 gyro-receiver is installable. After such a reformation, HIROBO foam blades are not available, instead, one can use any hard blades (hand-made flat-bottom blades).
1. servos: use Blue Arrow's digital servos for XK K130 or E160. Never use the HIROBO's servo horns (a little larger diameter), but long servo horns for Blue Arrow servos.
2. receiver: XK K110 with some brushless tail linkage.
3. Use the original swashplate, but longer bolts as the pictures.

K2-tokyo

PS. In Japan, one can buy the parts for an SRB-4B EC-145 at
https://www.drone-station.net/produc...ch&name=S.R.B+
Last edited by K2-tokyo; Mar 23, 2021 at 10:02 PM.
Apr 03, 2021, 02:59 PM
Rest In Peace SweetHeart
Well ...... I've been hoarding 3 of these helis and parts for way too long now. I'm going to attempt to let this stuff go. This is a friendly heads up to anyone here that I'll be putting these beloved helis and parts up for sale in the classifieds soon.

My goal is to organize all of this stuff into 3 equal packages, more or less, with a 4th package of remaining parts. Surprisingly, the lipos still work! The ones with the highest IRs still give 3+ minutes of hovering which is pretty amazing.

I'm not sure if there will be any interest given the age of these items, but if someone's looking for helis or parts, in very good shape (all stuff works), then maybe this will help someone out.

Heli Package #1
  • Original Box(s), Manual, Decals
  • 1x Quark Heli with extra bearing mid-shaft on the torque tube (driveshaft)
  • 1x Original 4ch 74Mhz transmitter, CH38
  • 2x Chargers and power supplies. One newer version and one older version
  • 2x Original 2S 7.4V 480mAh lipos
  • 1x FR4-Pilot Charger Adapter
  • 1x Balr14 Battery Adapter
  • Extra new and used tail rotor blades
  • Extra new and used main rotor blades
  • Extra new SG main rotor blades
  • Tail rotor balancer, hex keys, receiver adjustment tool, phillips screwdriver
Heli Package #2
  • Same as #1
Heli Package #3
  • Same as #1 and #2 except no phillips screwdriver, receiver adjustment tool, hex keys or decals
  • Will include an extra Original 2S 7.4V 480mAh lipo
Parts Package
  • Tail motor
  • 2x new swash plates
  • 1x used swash plate
  • 1x used tail case assembly
  • 1x mix of new and used pushrods/ball links
  • 1x new seesaw assembly
  • 1x used main gear
  • 1x used pinion gear
  • 2x used stabilizers
  • 1x used LEDs light kit (controller is flakey but LEDs & plastic mounting bits are fine)
  • 2x torque tubes / driveshafts
  • 1x tail boom
  • 1x crystal for radio
  • 1x mix of MIA landing skids, canopy, tail fin, and misc hardware bits.
  • 1x extra foam blade
This makes me sad, but I need the space all of this and other things are taking up. I want to keep it all forever, but can not

Besides, this way my wife and kids won't have to do this later (much later, hopefully) I need to locate some shipping boxes for the three helis now ...

Thank you everyone !
Last edited by FR4-Pilot; Apr 03, 2021 at 08:58 PM.
Apr 03, 2021, 07:45 PM
AMA# SIMAGES

Wow......

You beat me too it..... I'm sure someone will chime in.
Good luck!
Apr 03, 2021, 08:15 PM
Rest In Peace SweetHeart
Thanks Keith! Lots of great memories with these helis.
Time sure gets away from us when we're not paying attention. Seems like yesterday when everyone was sharing their Quark adventures here.
Hope all is well!
Apr 04, 2021, 12:03 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR4-Pilot
Thanks Keith! Lots of great memories with these helis. Time sure gets away from us when we're not paying attention. Seems like yesterday when everyone was sharing their Quark adventures here. Hope all is well!
I feel the same way and remember when Hirobo listed them ror $750.
Apr 07, 2021, 02:19 PM
"you'll play to live "
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2-tokyo
Hi guys,

I succeeded in reforming the mechanism of the SRB4B so that XK K110 gyro-receiver is installable. After such a reformation, HIROBO foam blades are not available, instead, one can use any hard blades (hand-made flat-bottom blades).
1. servos: use Blue Arrow's digital servos for XK K130 or E160. Never use the HIROBO's servo horns (a little larger diameter), but long servo horns for Blue Arrow servos.
2. receiver: XK K110 with some brushless tail linkage.
3. Use the original swashplate, but longer bolts as the pictures.

K2-tokyo

PS. In Japan, one can buy the parts for an SRB-4B EC-145 at
https://www.drone-station.net/produc...ch&name=S.R.B+
Hi K2-Topkyo,
how much weight is it? more than 250g on scale body will make it very unstable.
AC
Apr 08, 2021, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash
Hi K2-Topkyo,
how much weight is it? more than 250g on scale body will make it very unstable.
AC
Hi Alwayscrash,

Thanks for a reply. It is of 310g as the picture. I use a Hirobo special motor (a blue one) and a 800 mAh-3C-battery. It is very stable and has enough lifting power. I made another frame with 90-degree phase difference and aTarot 3-axis gyro for Hirobo foam blades, and will test it soon.
Apr 08, 2021, 08:59 AM
"you'll play to live "
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2-tokyo
Hi Alwayscrash,

Thanks for a reply. It is of 310g as the picture. I use a Hirobo special motor (a blue one) and a 800 mAh-3C-battery. It is very stable and has enough lifting power. I made another frame with 90-degree phase difference and aTarot 3-axis gyro for Hirobo foam blades, and will test it soon.
Hi K2-Tokyo,
Good to hear you made so much research. Have you try to use Blade 150 blades ? They are more durable . Can wait to see your new invention.

arigatou gozaimashita

AC
Apr 21, 2021, 06:23 PM
Hi Alwayscrash,

I do not have Blade 150 blades. Instead, I have a little larger symmetric blades due to Nine Eagles for their EC-145 (Solo Pro 229: diameter 396 mm).

Nine Eagles Solo Pro 229 EC 145 von robbe (6 min 32 sec)

But they are a little heavy and hit some decoration parts when the elevator up.

The special motor SG-EX for SRB is good (maybe 15~20 % power-up), but I do not know the difference concerning winding coils.
Last edited by K2-tokyo; Apr 21, 2021 at 07:13 PM.
May 01, 2021, 05:15 PM
Rest In Peace SweetHeart
This made me smile ...

Familar Sounds (0 min 9 sec)

Quick Reply