Aug 05, 2008, 04:20 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
Thats Below MAP for MRC it's not from a MRC Dealer.
-johnw
Your working late John!!! Its 5 am here as Im on my way to NYC for the day......ugh!!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2008, 04:27 AM
yeah it's just crazy. I am working like 15Hrs/Day ++
I'm really getting Pooped out. but all you guys are great here.
cheers, Tony!
-johnw
Aug 05, 2008, 04:28 AM
Tomorrow I am Wiring Walkera An insane amount of Moo La.... lol
-johnw
Aug 05, 2008, 04:32 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
yeah it's just crazy. I am working like 15Hrs/Day ++
I'm really getting Pooped out. but all you guys are great here.
cheers, Tony!
-johnw
Yeah, im flying up to give a quick talk at NYU so I can make some more money to give you

Chat with ya soon John
Aug 05, 2008, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted
Yeah, im flying up to give a quick talk at NYU so I can make some more money to give you

Chat with ya soon John
Thats my home city! I grew up 45 Min from the city.
have fun.
I'm waiting to ship your next order.....lol
See Ya
-johnw
Aug 22, 2008, 08:58 AM
Flights leave daily!
What are the flight times for this Heli? I've been looking at it some and really like what I read about it, but also read its only a 7 minute flight. From those of you that have one, is this true? If it is, what does it take to install a little bigger Lipo? I read something about a specific plug it has and might be a hassle to adapt another.

I have read this post some, but am at work and don't have the time right now to completely read the whole thing, and might order one today, so would love to know some info.

Thanks, Sam
Aug 22, 2008, 09:48 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirMicro
What are the flight times for this Heli? I've been looking at it some and really like what I read about it, but also read its only a 7 minute flight. From those of you that have one, is this true? If it is, what does it take to install a little bigger Lipo? I read something about a specific plug it has and might be a hassle to adapt another.

I have read this post some, but am at work and don't have the time right now to completely read the whole thing, and might order one today, so would love to know some info.

Thanks, Sam
I modified my battery try to use anywhere from 20C 450 mah batts to 13C 730 Mah Thunder Pro batteries. I get about 8 minutes of flight time and still no getting the heli to LVC which is normal for just about any heli like this or this size.
I prefer the cheapo $14.00 20C 450 mah batteries I have over the double the price bigger Mah TP's. They both fly for within a minute or less the same amount of time but the 20C 450's have MUCH more power. I think the TP's I have are overated for their C rating
Aug 22, 2008, 01:07 PM
Flights leave daily!
On those cheapy lipo's, which ones are you using and do they have the correct plug, or do I need extra factory plugs to solder onto them? One other thing, i've been flying Micro's for 7 years now since the Piccolo days but love the looks and all the rave about this heli. I do like smaller than 450 size heli's which is why I stay with my HB's, but is this heli all they say it is? I love flying indoors in my shop area here at work and think it would be great for that!

Thanks
Aug 22, 2008, 01:56 PM
Indoor flying?

IMO there is no better option!

Rgds
Robert R.
Aug 23, 2008, 08:55 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirMicro
On those cheapy lipo's, which ones are you using and do they have the correct plug, or do I need extra factory plugs to solder onto them? One other thing, i've been flying Micro's for 7 years now since the Piccolo days but love the looks and all the rave about this heli. I do like smaller than 450 size heli's which is why I stay with my HB's, but is this heli all they say it is? I love flying indoors in my shop area here at work and think it would be great for that!

Thanks

I agree with Jag, Air Micro regarding this being one of the best indoor flyers! Its much bigger than the fantastic 4#3 which is my other fave, but it just depends on the size your looking for. The foam blades can be both good and bad. Good is they break if they touch anything at all which save any damge to the heli head. The bad is the cone more so climbeout power is sluggish. This is where I really notice the better perfromance with my 20C batts. This is great in the house where you need slower better control anyway. The gyro is the best rate gyro I have ever flown and feels amost like HH. The tail is solid!
It will hover hands off for a few seconds at a time just like people claim, but you can change the flybar mixing and do a few things on the RX to make it more aggressive for outside.
You will need to change the plug on any batt you use other than stock. Instead of getting the plugs Hirobo uses for the batts and doing lots of batt soldering, I just cut the correct plug off the stock battery and put a JST connector on the other end of the remaning wires. Plug it into the heli and you then have a JST connector hanging out that will work with any battery.
The battery tray will not hold the cheapo 20C I use so I just removed the battery door, and put a small plastic plate on the underside of the heli with velcro. It actually holds better in a crash than the stock setup where the battery would fall out if you hit the ground too hard. The TP 730's will fit in the stock setup though but cost ten bucks more what Im paying for my 450 Mah 20C batts and the flight time between the 450 Mah and the TP 730's is virtually the same! Both batts are similar weight but the cheap ones have balance connectors and the TP do not
here are the batts Im using:
http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...roducts_id=602

Or for really cheap with lower C rating:
http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...roducts_id=117

Both are the same or lighter than the stock battery
Aug 24, 2008, 03:35 PM

Video Quark flying ...

Hello,

here is another video from my litte quark. Quality is not so good, but better than nothing ;-)

http://www.rcmovie.de/video/ef18f960...-Happy-flying-

Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Christoph
Aug 24, 2008, 03:40 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by itscschie
Hello,

here is another video from my litte quark. Quality is not so good, but better than nothing ;-)

Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Christoph

Wow, what a "yard" where do you live and how do you afford it?
Oops, didn't see the apartment building and thought you were one of the few privledged Europeans who live lavishly despite the high taxes. Love, Lammy
Last edited by lammy1000; Aug 24, 2008 at 03:47 PM.
Aug 24, 2008, 03:49 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by itscschie
Hello,

Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Christoph
Very nice again Christoph! What a great flying area you have......I literally just got back to the U.S. from Germany a couple of hours ago, so next time I come over, Im bringing my helis and showing up at your door
Sep 01, 2008, 05:46 AM

Futaba Mini servo leads

Does anybody know a source for the servo leads as used in our dear Quark heli? I would like to try alternative servos.

Tks and rgds
Robert R.
Sep 15, 2008, 04:17 AM

Free ports in the Rx-unit

Hi,

The Rx-unit has 4 empty ports including one with 4 poles. Any idea what we can do with it?

Regards,
Robert R.

Quick Reply