length: 367mm
height: 146mm
width: 72mm

AUW: 170g w. 7.4V480mAh pack
flight time: 10 min.

foam main rotor and tail rotor blades.
outdoor flying at up to 3m/s wind.
will be available late December.

msrp: 54,000JPY (about 470USD) in Japan.
including:
RTF heli, trimmed and tested
one Li-poly battery pack and charger w. AC transformer
4 sets of spare main rotor blades
4 sets of spare tail rotor
blade balancer
+ and - small screwdrivers, 0.89mm and 1.5mm hex wrenches

#IMHO, the charger works with DC12V, maybe.
#battery pack and rotor blades are not compatible with XRB-SR.

Please check the attached PDF.
Although the text is in Japanese, you may find an intentionally
blurred picture of the heli.

#SRB=Single Rotation Blade

cvlex
Last edited by cvlex; Dec 16, 2007 at 11:22 PM. Reason: flight time added etc.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2007, 11:04 AM
Pirouetting flip master
470USD for a FP?
that's too expensive for me.
esky FP is around 100 USD only...
Nov 16, 2007, 08:00 AM
practice, practice, practice
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyclyc
470USD for a FP?
that's too expensive for me.
esky FP is around 100 USD only...
For me, too.
Although the street price in Japan will be around 40,000JPN or 350USD,
it is still too expensive.

The quality of the heli and support by the manufacturer might be not so bad,
at least in Japan, but I hesitate to say 'you get what you pay for.'

#So I chose Quick Japan EP-8 instead of Hirobo Lepton.

cvlex
Last edited by cvlex; Nov 20, 2007 at 06:00 AM.
Dec 16, 2007, 11:50 AM

SRB Quark more info & Video

Here is some more Info on the SRB Quark with a Video.
Looks impressive.
SRB Quark Info with video link
As you would expect from Hirobo a different concept Esspecially the tail rotor drive concept motor close to the CoG and shaft driven from there. Could the main motor be brushless?
Hopefully the main blades are interchangeable with the XRB.
Last edited by fast4buy; Dec 16, 2007 at 11:58 AM.
Dec 16, 2007, 08:22 PM
practice, practice, practice
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4buy
Hopefully the main blades are interchangeable with the XRB.
Unfortunately Hirobo says that main blades and battery packs are not
interchangeable with XRB.

cvlex
Last edited by cvlex; Dec 16, 2007 at 08:28 PM.
Dec 16, 2007, 10:24 PM
This is substantially smaller than a HB FP. The main motor "looks" brushless
Dec 16, 2007, 11:41 PM
Does anyone know where to go for parts support when someone crashes this?

The quality looks great
Dec 30, 2007, 09:13 AM
FG
FG

parts for hirobo...?

You can buy Parts from either MRC direct or "udisco" in Montreal Canada. Far be it for me to argue, but with the quality of all Hirobo heli's you would deffinatley get your moneys worth out of it. Way better in quality than any fixed pitch on the market now. I have an Axe CP from helimax and Ive got over $800 invested in mine and couldnt be happier. Ive got my moneys worth out of it. I am not worried about the hirobo FP heli nor spending the money on it. The blades are foam so you wont be breaking head parts in a crash. It flys like an over sized piccoz but with more control. It comes with 4 sets of main blades and 4 tail rotors, brushless motors and a lipo battery and charger. So it doesnt fly 3d whopee doo. I dont care if i ever fly 3d. I just want to fly a heli regardless of its capabilities. Cripes I have 7 havoc helis and still love seeing them fly in my apartment. Ive been @ this heli thing since march this year and can hover pretty dam good and put my heli where I want it. Im tired of hearing Trex this and Trex that and you should buy this and mod that as many of you have probably already read. I hate being intimidated by reading heli posts of all kinds. I want what I want plain and simple. it suits my heli needs and wants. I like it.
Last edited by douglas4; Dec 30, 2007 at 09:26 AM.
Dec 30, 2007, 10:45 AM
Idle up!
def have to try and moth the regular FP and use these rotors
Dec 30, 2007, 11:06 AM
Scarecow
Looks neat, like the design....great for indoor flying and a lot more fun than the co-axials. Might be pricey but as ever you get what you pay for and Hirobo stands for quality.

Closeup...
Dec 30, 2007, 12:05 PM
FG
FG

agreed

I agree with the above post. The quality of hirobo stuff far out weighs the cost of it. Look @ the xrb lama they put on the market. Deffinatley best quality co-ax rotor heli by far. Nothing comes close to it not even the lama or the blade CX2 or twister line of co-ax heli's or any co-ax out on the market. Ive seen hirobo helis up close and compared them to others and there is no comparison by far. My eyes are open wide since I began my heli journey and i see how us consumers are doupped into buying low quality heli stuff that has to be constantly modded and repaired to come up to standard for good flying. "Make it and they will buy"...mentallity doesnt sit well with me @ all. Then comes hirobo stuff..."excellent quality" all around...bar none..need i say more.
Dec 30, 2007, 12:09 PM
I bet you China has a cheap copy of this coming out soon!!
Dec 30, 2007, 01:32 PM
FG
FG

Oh heaven forbid

You know from my relentless research in the last year till I bought the axe cp from helimax this year in march, (i spent countless hours online) till I bought the axe cp. I started my search back in July of last year 2006. I have to say way to many knock off brands way to many as we all have seen and unfortunatley purchased. But to each his own. You get what you pay. If you want simple then buy simple. If you want all out 3d then go 3d etc. But as consumers where do we draw the line on good quality and reliable whirly planes...hm...? We are @ the mercy of the manufactures and after market companies plain and simple. Look @ the blade 400 for example. It just came out and already the servos arn't the greatest nor the gyro hold and the dx6i radio. Like the what the hey...? Its all about marketing and selling and profit plain and simple. You would think...especially with helicopters, all manufactures would make quality helis that don't need to be hopped up or modded to bring them up to any decent standard for flying. Come on helis are the hardest to fly..maintain...set up, and not to mention the extreme gyroscopic forces they undergo when running and performing. Do they think were stupid consumers or what. Um let me refrase that...what do they take us for..fools...? As you can very well tell I'm frustrated and have been confused many times on these forums as my posts in various threads will atest to. But I'm thru the fog now and can very clearly see the who's who of quality and engineering in this industry...need I mention manufacture names. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" whew that felt good.
Last edited by douglas4; Dec 30, 2007 at 01:46 PM.
Dec 30, 2007, 04:33 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamov
I bet you China has a cheap copy of this coming out soon!!
That's what happened with the xrb lama.
Copies include the Esky lama2,3,4, etc., Megatech housefly I&II, some Walkera model,
and probably more or less every other coaxial heli on the market today.

Having both an xrb lama & an Esky lama2, I prefer the xrb lama:
slower, but more adjustable (like blade tracking for the lower blades)
to be much more controllable in small spaces.
Last edited by flying-llama; Dec 30, 2007 at 05:11 PM.
Dec 30, 2007, 09:03 PM
21st Century Space Cowboy
Hope the cheap copy gets rid of the TAIL MOTOR and just uses variable pitch tail blades, geared from the mains..

Tach.

Quick Reply