Dec 18, 2008, 08:49 AM
Some.. call him Tim...

Finished product

Thanks Eric, I sent you my info. I just finished my biplane. It's time to get a order together and start on my 3DX. J. Thanks, I did install the X brace, thanks for building great products.
Tim from CT.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2008, 07:06 PM
Speed Freak
I just finished mine. I like how it came out. I went with Transparent Red on the tops and Transparent White on teh bottoms. I also went with 1.45" DuBro Micro Sport wheels instead of the stock ones in the kit. Hopefully I can get the maiden in sometime soon, but the weather in Cleveland isn't too good this time of year to fly. Thanks for a great little kit. Here are some pics of the finished build.

~Kevin
Dec 19, 2008, 08:43 PM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
Having a few problems with D2 on the top wing. The servo cut outs don't line up. Also the D47 won't fit as they bottom out. Any suggestions?
Dec 19, 2008, 09:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Crash Tester
Having a few problems with D2 on the top wing. The servo cut outs don't line up. Also the D47 won't fit as they bottom out. Any suggestions?
Looks like the servo deck was installed backward. You should have some plywood servo adapters that raise the D47 servos up. You need two per servo. If you got the D47 servos from me, the adapters should be in the servo box. I will try and post a picture Sunday.
Dec 19, 2008, 10:55 PM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy
Looks like the servo deck was installed backward. You should have some plywood servo adapters that raise the D47 servos up. You need two per servo. If you got the D47 servos from me, the adapters should be in the servo box. I will try and post a picture Sunday.
OK I see them now. I guess I should have put them in before attaching D1 and D2? After looking closely I did get the servo deck in backward.

I got the adapter in and the servo fits now. Is it going to cause a problem now that it's forward 1/4" ?

Thanks
Dec 19, 2008, 11:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
OK I see them now. I guess I should have put them in before attaching D1 and D2? After looking closely I did get the servo deck in backward.

I got the adapter in and the servo fits now. Is it going to cause a problem now that it's forward 1/4" ?

Thanks
The 1/4 " should not be a problem.
Dec 28, 2008, 02:04 PM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
Quote:
The 1/4 " should not be a problem.
Ok I got the backward servo mount problem fixed

I was installing the upper wing when I noticed I have installed WB1 on the lower wing one space to the center.
The only solution I've come up with would be to beef up the W7 rib with some plywood scrap and drill new holes for the struts.

On step 31 installing the landing gear. Is the landing gear mount glued to the fuse? If so with what? My landing gear mount is louse on the fuse so CA won't hold. (epoxy?)

Step 35. I'm guessing the battery mount is glued on to the fuse and the landing gear mount?

I've put together 7 ARF's but this is my first kit build. Sorry for all the questions but.....After investing over $300 on this plane I'm not ready to give up on this build yet.
Last edited by #1Crash Tester; Dec 28, 2008 at 02:12 PM.
Dec 28, 2008, 02:13 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Its glued to the fuslage and battery mount. I used thick CA, I hope this helps.
If you have to, J sells complete wings on his web sight. I think theay are around $35.00(built). good luck.
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Dec 28, 2008 at 02:22 PM.
Dec 28, 2008, 03:20 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Ok I got the backward servo mount problem fixed

I was installing the upper wing when I noticed I have installed WB1 on the lower wing one space to the center.
The only solution I've come up with would be to beef up the W7 rib with some plywood scrap and drill new holes for the struts.

On step 31 installing the landing gear. Is the landing gear mount glued to the fuse? If so with what? My landing gear mount is louse on the fuse so CA won't hold. (epoxy?)

Step 35. I'm guessing the battery mount is glued on to the fuse and the landing gear mount?

I've put together 7 ARF's but this is my first kit build. Sorry for all the questions but.....After investing over $300 on this plane I'm not ready to give up on this build yet.
If you glued the plywood rib in the same spot on both wings, I think it will be ok. The battery mount is glued to the fuselage.

James
Dec 28, 2008, 03:43 PM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
Quote:
If you glued the plywood rib in the same spot on both wings, I think it will be ok. The battery mount is glued to the fuselage.

James
Wish it where that easy... It's only the bottom wing. Everything else is in the right spot.
Dec 28, 2008, 07:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Wish it where that easy... It's only the bottom wing. Everything else is in the right spot.

I can send you the plywood ribs for the bottom wing. It would not be hard to replace the whole rib.
Dec 28, 2008, 08:19 PM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
Quote:
I can send you the plywood ribs for the bottom wing. It would not be hard to replace the whole rib.
Thanks James, that may be the best bet. I'm not sure my fix would hold up.
I'll e-mail you my address at your web site.
Jan 11, 2009, 03:28 PM
What, Me Fly?
Hey James,
I am the guy that crashed the plane at SEFF. I want you to know that I haven't ignored you or the plane. I have just built the new one and will start work on the old one soon. Look forward to seeing you at SEFF this year.
Jim
Jan 11, 2009, 06:18 PM
What, Me Fly?
Just maidened it and all I can say is wow! I am fully impressed that I could fly what I built. I have never built a kit before and this has got me hooked. Thanks again, James, for the great kit!
Jim
Jan 11, 2009, 06:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing1
Hey James,
I am the guy that crashed the plane at SEFF. I want you to know that I haven't ignored you or the plane. I have just built the new one and will start work on the old one soon. Look forward to seeing you at SEFF this year.
Jim
Hi Jim, that looks great. Good to hear from you. Are you going to the FITS event this coming weekend?

James

Quick Reply