This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 13, 2007, 06:00 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Finally got the daytime HDCAM mission in.

Well OK. Past performance is a good indication of future results. Thought the higher shutter speed in daylight would eliminate the vibration we saw at night, but it didn't. The only difference is in daylight the vibration has a beat frequency U can use to get sharp images in between the smeared images.

Today her weak heading was West. She could not maintain orientation at all when pointing West. Suspect different headings cause different vibration modes because of where the wind is hitting the blades. Some vibration modes cause more gyro drift than others.

Position hold was once again pretty good against actual air movement. She stayed in an actual ballpark using 1Hz GPS. After verifying bug free hovering at low altitude, commanded the autopilot to 200ft for the first daylight view from real altitude. Timelapsed the climb to altitude for Goo Tube.

HD Cam onboard autonomous copter (2 min 38 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2007, 07:39 PM
All of your hard work is starting to really pay off.... the pictures are looking great!

Quick Reply