Airfoilz Extra 260 Build Thread - Page 122 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
May 14, 2009, 10:29 PM
AKA Amraam
Typical! I said find OR buy an ESC, not BOTH!! LOL. I gave up searching so I bought another esc, only to then fond the old one 30 mind later. Oh well I have enough spare equipment now to buy another.

Do me a favour and don't tempt me! Haha
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2009, 12:34 AM
"Because I was pǝʇɹǝʌuı"
bighead93's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Hazza
Typical! I said find OR buy an ESC, not BOTH!! LOL. I gave up searching so I bought another esc, only to then fond the old one 30 mind later. Oh well I have enough spare equipment now to buy another.

Do me a favour and don't tempt me! Haha
No such thing as too much stuff! Now go buy yourself the Full Fuse Yak54!
May 15, 2009, 07:40 AM
Aerial Images of Texas
tashley's Avatar
I know that's right. If a little is good, more is better and too much is juuust right!
May 15, 2009, 07:54 AM
AKA Amraam
Hehe well I've still got an inspire mini to build so I'll likely save the bits for that.

Btw, what side are putting your elevator servos on? Or does it not matter?
May 15, 2009, 10:33 AM
jfv
jfv
Registered User
jfv's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Hazza
Did you have to trim 1/4" of the foam off of the rudder to keep it flush with the vertical stabiliser?
The 1/4" balsa rudder post makes up the difference. No need to trim.
May 15, 2009, 11:13 AM
Aerial Images of Texas
tashley's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Hazza
Hehe well I've still got an inspire mini to build so I'll likely save the bits for that.

Btw, what side are putting your elevator servos on? Or does it not matter?
Dosen't really matter.
May 15, 2009, 02:01 PM
AKA Amraam
Cool thanks!

Any reason the elevator servo hole is pre cut out, but the ailerons aren't?
May 15, 2009, 02:12 PM
Registered User
aflipz's Avatar
I think the aileron servo holes are not pre-cut to ensure propper alignment when you put them in so that they sit right up to the spar, since we glue the whole wings together ourselves there is a chance for error, cutting the holes ourselves ensures the holes will be in their right place.

All airfoilz are designed like this.
May 15, 2009, 02:12 PM
Aerial Images of Texas
tashley's Avatar
Plane, you'de have to ask the designer about that one but I suspect that it's maybe because of potential differences in the fore/aft placement of the spar.
May 16, 2009, 12:14 PM
AKA Amraam
gah, apparently my motor is in customs. God knows why, it's coming from the same country!
May 16, 2009, 11:19 PM
jfv
jfv
Registered User
jfv's Avatar
We don't cut the servo hole in the wings for 2 reasons, both related to the manufacturing. One, it affects the bending of the wing. Two, we would then have to make a right and a left wing. The way we do it, both wings are made the same.
May 17, 2009, 05:21 PM
AKA Amraam
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfv
We don't cut the servo hole in the wings for 2 reasons, both related to the manufacturing. One, it affects the bending of the wing. Two, we would then have to make a right and a left wing. The way we do it, both wings are made the same.
Thanks for that!

Two foam sides are complete, I've already made a mistake (hence decided not to use kicker any more as it's too fast to position after 2 or 3s) but hopefully it won't be an issue. The doubler bonded before I had positioned perfectly, so in a couple of places it's around .5 - 1.5mm too close to the edge of the skin, resulting in the need for a little trimming.


I removed this alignment tab, was I meant to?
Last edited by Plane Hazza; May 17, 2009 at 08:25 PM.
May 17, 2009, 07:28 PM
Aerial Images of Texas
tashley's Avatar
Man, that must be one big giant camera you're using.
May 17, 2009, 07:28 PM
AKA Amraam
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashley
Man, that must be one big giant camera you're using.
Nope just a crappy iPhone camera haha, not sure why they're so big...
May 17, 2009, 07:32 PM
Registered User
aflipz's Avatar
That's because they are hosted on an external site. Uploading them to rcg directly re-formats them to a smaller size suitable for pc screen viewing and lower bandwidth use.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Hyperion 40e Extra 260 Build Thread Mopar92 3D Flying 1108 Jul 13, 2011 11:22 AM
E*Star 3D Cap, Extra, and Sukhoi Build Thread Bill K. 3D Flying 310 Oct 05, 2009 01:44 AM
Discussion Airfoilz Edge 540 - Build Thread by: Woody king160woody 3D Flying 72 Jun 04, 2009 12:40 AM
Discussion Eflite extra 260 build thread!!!!!!! Clayton Wheaton 3D Flying 508 Apr 07, 2009 08:03 AM
Build Log Bill Higgins Carden 260 Build Thread bill_higgins Giant Scale Airplanes 0 Nov 27, 2006 02:13 AM