This thread is privately moderated by FredericG, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 08, 2007, 02:11 PM
Discussion

OSDControl / multiple switches on one channel

I finally found some time to work on my idea to have multiple switches on one channel to control my OSD.

I want different switches with distinct functions:
- a 3-state switch that controls how many details are displayed
- a 3-state switch that activates heading hold or rudder-home
- a switch that activates altitude-hold
- a push-button

I use the same concept as for the interface I use for the headtracker: using a digital potentiometer ( https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=302
). I made a proof-of-concept and transporting 6 bits seems possible.

I made a small video: the OSD runs a special test-application that shows low-level information and the decoded positions (2 switches with 4 possible positions and 2 switches with 2 positions). The idea is that these switches should have specific functions. The camera points to the transmitter where the switches are installed.
I now use 2 3-position switches and 2 2-position switches. Instead of these 3-position switches I could use 4-position ones but I did not find any.

OSD Control (0 min 32 sec)

I am still struggling a bit with the transmitted signal that is somehow disturbing the system. When I remove the antenna it all goes well but with the TX antenna installed there is sometimes important jitter on the channel. I need to investigate if it is the PIC or the potentiometer that gets into trouble. Any hints are very welcome, I have very little experience with this...

Frederic
to remove ads between posts