Nov 06, 2007, 01:34 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

3D hobbyshop SHP 47 vs EF Edge 540T-E

What are the flying characters between (3D hobbyshop 300 SHP 47 vs EF Edge 540T-E). Which one is better for 3D?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2007, 01:43 PM
3DHS Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtqn
What are the flying characters between (3D hobbyshop 300 SHP 47 vs EF Edge 540T-E). Which one is better for 3D?

The 3d hobby shop extra shp is the best flying 3d ship on the market at this point--stong construction with a specially designed airfoil. The shp is virtully rock free in harriers, it locks into hovers like a foamy, flat as turd spins and blenders no coupling in knife edge -- it floats at low speed in stead of stalling over all its a wonderful bird.

As far as the edge--i have not flown the edge --Extremeflight has wonderful products well. I am hoping smbc will chime in as he owns both. if I rmember right he was in fits over landing gear failures on the edge.
Nov 06, 2007, 01:48 PM
Real Time Recon
The Edge 540 is doing GREAT in the RED BULL air races..WHAT A PLANE !!!
Nov 06, 2007, 02:07 PM
3DHS Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtimerecon
The Edge 540 is doing GREAT in the RED BULL air races..WHAT A PLANE !!!

big difference between a true to scale edge and our model edges!!!!
Nov 06, 2007, 02:15 PM
ExtremeFlight - 3DHS - Legacy
Curt, didn't we already do almost exactly this same thing, here?
Nov 06, 2007, 02:20 PM
ExtremeFlight - 3DHS - Legacy
I'm also wondering what you think about the advice I gave in the second post of this very similar thread?
Nov 06, 2007, 02:39 PM
3DHS Junkie
Wow Ben --tough love---here let me help.

Curt-----by the SHP---stop screwing around and buy yourself the best 3d ship on the market. Read the SHP thread---do you see an unsatisfied customer?

Or keep expecting these type of responses.
Nov 06, 2007, 03:10 PM
Don't lie to my dog.
Ya know, at some point you just have to get off a buck and buy one. This is not like buying a car where you are stuck with it for 5 years. Anyone who is in this hobby, particullarly flying aerobatics/3D has had many, many airplanes. In the time you have been obsessing over which plane to buy most of us have been through 3 or 4 planes. Just take your best guess. You will have a second chance soon enough.

Point number two. Nobody can answer this question for you. Everybody flies differently, and there are great airplanes out there for everyone. Of my three flying buddies, we all have different favorite planes, and they are all extrememly good airplanes.

Just buy one, and when it is time to replace it, you will know a little more.
Nov 06, 2007, 06:49 PM
30 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
extreme flight rc have some nice planes, my father has the Yak, but the 3DHS extra 300 is much better of a plane, it will slow down to nothing. flys and does everything great.
Nov 07, 2007, 01:36 AM
Thread OP
Blucor:
The thread I posted before was the Katana MD. The Katana MD and the EF 540 are two completely different planes. I've owned a few planes(EF Extra 300, EF Edge 540T-E, Mini Funtanax and a few other E-Flite planes). I don't have the Extra SHP that's probably my next plane.
Don't I have the right to ask some opinions about the plane which I am going to buy compare to one of the planes I already had?
Last edited by curtqn; Nov 07, 2007 at 01:47 AM.
Nov 07, 2007, 07:04 AM
Team 3DHS
Of course you do have the right, but someone else, who has spent countless hours with you also has the right to say "park it" .

In all reality, all this comparison makes people in the involved sides uncomfortable. On one side, you don't want to knock the competition because it's just not classy that way. Mr. Peanut does NOT do that. He lets his planes speak for themselves... which they really do.

FWIW, you will never really know until you buy the plane, so go out there and get one! .
Nov 07, 2007, 07:38 AM
3DHS Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc
Of course you do have the right, but someone else, who has spent countless hours with you also has the right to say "park it" .

In all reality, all this comparison makes people in the involved sides uncomfortable. On one side, you don't want to knock the competition because it's just not classy that way. Mr. Peanut does NOT do that. He lets his planes speak for themselves... which they really do.

FWIW, you will never really know until you buy the plane, so go out there and get one! .

great post doc!
Nov 07, 2007, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc

Well said. I bit the bullet on the Extra SHP and it was the best decision I've made in RC.
Nov 07, 2007, 09:10 AM
30 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtqn
Blucor:
The thread I posted before was the Katana MD. The Katana MD and the EF 540 are two completely different planes. I've owned a few planes(EF Extra 300, EF Edge 540T-E, Mini Funtanax and a few other E-Flite planes). I don't have the Extra SHP that's probably my next plane.
Don't I have the right to ask some opinions about the plane which I am going to buy compare to one of the planes I already had?
I am sorry, I seen EF and thought you was refering to extreme flight
so you was really talkin about E flite? The edge 540, witch one you looking at? post a link please! I have the mini edge and love it, other then the small wing area makes it snappy
Nov 07, 2007, 09:45 AM
3DHS Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamiesrfun
I am sorry, I seen EF and thought you was refering to extreme flight
so you was really talkin about E flite? The edge 540, witch one you looking at? post a link please! I have the mini edge and love it, other then the small wing area makes it snappy

no he was talking about extreme flight

Quick Reply