A New 1000mm Quad Copter Design - Page 365 - RC Groups
Nov 22, 2011, 09:46 AM
2/3s way to fat, dumb & happy
@Gary - can you buy that material, or do you just cannibalize unweary umbrellas?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2012, 09:16 AM
I want to build a quadcopter as my college project. I am confused whether to use the gyro-control combo board or separate ones. Please guide me on the advantages and disadvantages of both the ideas. Also since i am new to this, please give me a link where i can find detailed info about the making of a quad.
Jan 11, 2012, 09:26 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Hi,
Start here Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index and read the TIPs and Glossary sections and the Beginners Info section links.
Have fun!
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by saimanshetty
I want to build a quadcopter as my college project. I am confused whether to use the gyro-control combo board or separate ones. Please guide me on the advantages and disadvantages of both the ideas. Also since i am new to this, please give me a link where i can find detailed info about the making of a quad.
Mar 20, 2012, 09:30 AM

Arrow"s for arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooksey
The first set is of a curtain rod from lowes bt 1" diameter and bt 16th of an inch thick if that . the second pics is of the aluminum rods they sell . Think these would work for arms?
I used hunting arrows for my arms, buy the good ones that you can change the tips they can be cut to any lenght you mount the motors on the end of the shaft where the arrow tip would go. this is my roll cage that the hood of my car fell on when I was charging the battery.the only damage was one bent arm which took 20 minutes to make and put on the model
Dec 11, 2012, 07:53 PM

Vti 2.4 ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Mike
Ted,

The Schultze receiver pin spacing looks a bit odd to me. Are you sure they are not the standard three group, 0.1 inch spacing? Maybe they were just bent out a little when you took your measurements. Anyway, here are the photos and dimensions of the Berg receiver include with the PWB (it comes with the single wire modification):

Mike
Is it possible to convert The Vti into 2.4 ghz?
Dec 11, 2012, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis_
Is it possible to convert The Vti into 2.4 ghz?
No...

This thread is so old and so many things have changes.

Try looking at the new stuff at www.nghobbies.com

Mike
Feb 28, 2013, 04:13 PM
youtube-- orandaboy
Here's a new vid i made with my dji f450 quad

Quadcopter FPV Car Chase (4 min 21 sec)
Jan 12, 2015, 12:39 PM
Gravity always wins !!!

Spectrolutions flight control board

Anyone still using Spectrolutions flight control board?

I have moved on to other FC's but still have my old board which I might revisit and compare it to modern technology.
Jan 12, 2015, 02:50 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Hi P,
Ah the legendary Mike Dammer and Old Man Mike Spectrolutions "Experimental Brushless" DraganFlyer flight controller!... I too have moved on to other flight controllers many times since. I am keeping one DF for historical purposes. I dusted mine off and did a test a couple of years ago and fitted some SimonK flashed ESCs which we did not have at the time. It had rock solid flight and smooth and responsive control. The modern use of accelerometers always trumps the IR self-leveling on the DraganFlyer flight controllers, but the gyro stability is still very good. Multicopter history 101

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo Elevate
Anyone still using Spectrolutions flight control board?

I have moved on to other FC's but still have my old board which I might revisit and compare it to modern technology.
Last edited by jesolins; Jan 12, 2015 at 03:05 PM.