Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 12, 2009, 04:37 PM
Why walking when you can fly ?
I did some tests this evening (I ordered 4 TP25A on june 2009 and I received 2 TP25A type 1 and 2 TP25A type 2) :
- Motor 1::TP25A type 2 + others with genuine MK BL controllers ==> flies as well as with 4 genuine MK BL controllers
- Motor 1&2::TP25A type 2 + others with genuine MK BL controllers ==> flies as well as with 4 genuine MK BL controllers
- Motor 1&2::TP25A type 2 + Motor 3::TP25A type 1 + Motor 4 with genuine MK BL controllers ==> flies but more reactive and difficult to manage
- Motor 1&2::TP25A type 2 + Motor 3&4::TP25A type 1 ==> flies but too reactive and very difficult to manage (I took apart one of my 3 TP17A/25A type 1 that made the flight a lot more difficult to manage so with this combination : no shaking wtih a setup as FC 1.3 + NaviCtrl + mk3Mag + GPS + 4 Roxxy 2827-34)

Then I took the 4 TP controllers back to the MK with Esky-0003b and only a FC 1.3 to control them :: shaking was back !

So my guess is that TP 25A type 1 and type 2 controllers should not be mixed. And for now, I am looking for 2 TP25A type 2 to modify ...
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2009, 06:06 AM
7000mw of raw power!
I would be interested in knowing more about what type Hobbycity is currently actually shipping. It looks like a crap shoot.
Nov 13, 2009, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javierete
Hi!

I've managed to get working with these values:

Code:
.equ	POWER_RANGE	= 100			; full range of tcnt0 setting
.equ	MIN_DUTY	= 4			; no power
.equ	NO_POWER	= 256-MIN_DUTY		; (POWER_OFF)
.equ	MAX_POWER	= 256-POWER_RANGE	; (FULL_POWER)

.equ	PWR_MAX_RPM1	= POWER_RANGE/4
.equ	PWR_MAX_RPM2	= POWER_RANGE/2

.equ	PWR_STARTUP	= MIN_DUTY
.equ	PWR_MAX_STARTUP	= PWR_STARTUP+5
It starts at values of 10-11 on motor testing in mktools, if I bump directly values of 25 - 30 cost more to start the motors. I'm not sure if MIN_DUTY = 4 is very low value. For now I only modified motor #1 ESC.

Regards.
@Javierette, did you test with 3S and with 4S? And which version of the firmware and which type of ESC? Would it be possible to post your amended source code and hex file(s) in a ZIP file with a more or less self-explanatory name?
Nov 13, 2009, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur P.
@Javierette, did you test with 3S and with 4S? And which version of the firmware and which type of ESC? Would it be possible to post your amended source code and hex file(s) in a ZIP file with a more or less self-explanatory name?
Hi Arthur!

Currently I don't have 4s batt so only tested with 3s. The esc's are Towerpro 25a v09.

In this post I attached the original files that I downloaded from this topic
Nov 13, 2009, 10:48 AM
Now I'm posting mine "tower pro folder" with the asm file and the hex files m1 to m4 and avrasm2.exe.

I've programed the esc's with e2s file tp-18a.e2s for programming it with calibration data and renamed inside e2s file to match the hex file. (I'm not sure if I doing it the correct way).

NOTE

It still fails a little when starting the motors, my trick is to shake the helicopter until all motors started. Still need to improve these values. Once the helicopter is in the air it flyes well.
Nov 13, 2009, 11:07 AM

Photos of mine TP's 25a v09

Here are the photos of the esc's that I'm using:

I think that I must add protection for rain!! maybe another plastic with rubber bands
Nov 13, 2009, 01:50 PM
Hi Javierette,

Thanks for that. I'm about to continue converting a series of 30A 2009 ESCs, will see how your and Quax's changes to the code work. Hopefully will be able to post some results next weekend.
Nov 13, 2009, 02:40 PM
Eduardo

firmwate that start fine with 4s

try this firmware .

PS: the beeps are diferent than original.

for example:

motor 1 - 1 beep
motor 2 - 2 beep
motor 3 - 3
motor 4 ....

regards
Last edited by agressiva; Nov 13, 2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: attach missing
Nov 14, 2009, 05:58 AM
Why walking when you can fly ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmelle
I did some tests this evening (I ordered 4 TP25A on june 2009 and I received 2 TP25A type 1 and 2 TP25A type 2) :
- Motor 1::TP25A type 2 + others with genuine MK BL controllers ==> flies as well as with 4 genuine MK BL controllers
- Motor 1&2::TP25A type 2 + others with genuine MK BL controllers ==> flies as well as with 4 genuine MK BL controllers
- Motor 1&2::TP25A type 2 + Motor 3::TP25A type 1 + Motor 4 with genuine MK BL controllers ==> flies but more reactive and difficult to manage
- Motor 1&2::TP25A type 2 + Motor 3&4::TP25A type 1 ==> flies but too reactive and very difficult to manage (I took apart one of my 3 TP17A/25A type 1 that made the flight a lot more difficult to manage so with this combination : no shaking wtih a setup as FC 1.3 + NaviCtrl + mk3Mag + GPS + 4 Roxxy 2827-34)

Then I took the 4 TP controllers back to the MK with Esky-0003b and only a FC 1.3 to control them :: shaking was back !

So my guess is that TP 25A type 1 and type 2 controllers should not be mixed. And for now, I am looking for 2 TP25A type 2 to modify ...
Hello, does anyone have mixed different type of TP ESC on a same MK ? What behaviour have you noticed (normal or what ?).
Nov 14, 2009, 01:12 PM
Eduardo

diferent escs on the same MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmelle
Hello, does anyone have mixed different type of TP ESC on a same MK ? What behaviour have you noticed (normal or what ?).
Yes, i used 3 diferent esc on my MK but all are using quax firmware.

I really dont know if quax firmware and holger firmware work fine together.
Nov 25, 2009, 05:53 AM

New Towerpro 25a Layout V1.1

Hello,

I got yesterday new Towerpro 25a BL-Controllers with Layout V1.1.
Has anybody already convertet this Controllers to I2C ?
Is the process the same as with V1.0 Version ?

See attached pictures

It seams that they have changed resistor connection beside pin 1 of MPU.

Thanks

Regards
qrstu
Dec 05, 2009, 11:10 AM
Hello,
I also received this version of Towerpro, so if somebody know how to do with version, I would be very happy !!!

Thanks a lot
Dec 05, 2009, 11:35 AM
Version 1.1 is almost identical to v1.0. I see only some minor changes with elements placements. Conversion can be done in the same way as v1.0. During conversion, remove three voltage regulators, and three parts (one bigger and one small capacitor and one resistor) near signal cable connection point. Next cut two tracks, add four wires and reprogram it exactly as v1.0 board of tower pro v2009. And remember for use HEX files in version without calibration.
Conversion details showed bellow:
Last edited by mis_b; Dec 05, 2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Picture added
Dec 05, 2009, 01:47 PM
Hello!
I'm French so excuse my English.
I just want to know if I can drive this controller with a Microcontroller (PIC) just with an I2C routine. (Start, Write addressW, Write adress Register, Write addressR, ReadI2c, Stop)? (but where can I find the address register?).
In the modified controller, is the Cut-off always Functional?
thank you and sorry if these questions were already asked.
Dec 05, 2009, 02:11 PM
'allo,
je suis un Allemand et j'ecrire un malheureuse Franšais, excusez moi s.v.p.

Yes, you can control the power of the BLC with any I2C source.
It's easy to use:

Send the I2C-address 0x50 + 2*motor_id (0x52 for motor numer 1) followed by the data motor-power (0-250) after the address, that's all.

Quick Reply