Carbon Traveler for Real Flight - RC Groups
Nov 02, 2007, 11:12 PM
Help!

Carbon Traveler for Real Flight

Hello, I don't personally own Real Flight but have just been informed that a modeling of our Carbon Traveler 3D biplane is available here:

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...o=file&id=1989

It looks exactly like the real deal but from past experience I've found that not all accurate looking models fly like their real counterparts.

I really want to find out how it compares to the actual plane so if you own a CTC as well as Real Flight and want to check it out for me I'd really be thankful for any feedback.

Ken
Ace Sim RC
to remove ads between posts
Nov 04, 2007, 07:43 AM
There was some discussion on the KE forums
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...arbon+traveler

In a nutshell: one guy said all he needed was to adjust the CG "a hair" and drop the power of the setup and it was very close to his real world CTCs.
Another guy did an AV (aircraft variant) to match his CTC
setup:http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...o=file&id=2344

Anyway, you have to be aware that any aircraft you can fly in a simulator will need some tweaking to fit your model. You can't expect that anybody knows what components you used, how you did setup the throws and CG etc.

Also be aware that every patch for G3 changed the influence of aerodynamic parameters a little bit. This alone might make it necessary to tweak some things here and there given that the model was not created for that exact version of G3.

Apart from that I'll hope you find your CTC well represented and don't sue me
Last edited by 0xdeadbeef; Nov 04, 2007 at 07:49 AM.
Nov 04, 2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks much! Great info. I guess I won't just be able to post it saying "try before your buy" due to the differences in RF versions but glad to hear it flys well and appreciate its creation!
Nov 05, 2007, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardlock
Thanks much! Great info. I guess I won't just be able to post it saying "try before your buy" due to the differences in RF versions but glad to hear it flys well and appreciate its creation!
The comment about realflight versions was more of a general remark. Indeed the CTC was designed for version 3.50.060 and still works the same for 3.50.065, which is the newest and most probably last release of G3 (due to the advent of G4). It might misbehave on older versions though, but this is true for all planes designed for newer versions.

Anyway, before posting it as a "try before you buy" offer, you'd better try it yourself
Dec 30, 2007, 02:38 PM
Heli Noob!
The model built by Oxdeadbeef is very close for sure. Both visualy and in its performance. The varient I built was mainly to put the power system in it that mine has, so mine uses the Komodo Outrunner that you provided to me when you built my model hardlock. I have only flown mine a few times but what the RF model has taught me is that my plane is not setup well. I definatly need to alter the CG of my plane to dring out some better handeling and performance traits.

All in all I think the model built by Oxdeadbeef is a good example of how the model flies, and woudl give potential customers a fairly good taste of its capabilities. Once I spend some more time on the real plane and get it dialed I will update my RF varient accordingly.