This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 01, 2007, 02:30 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Outta here!

Not me. Spammers. I reported three of 'em. Our ever-vigilant admins clobbered all three.

How dumb do these people think we are?

Sadly, there are those who'll answer ads like the ones these idiots posted. I prefer to think that if we have the time, money and discipline to pursue a hobby in radio control, we're more likely to recognize spam for what it is, ignore the links and holler at the admins. They respond in record time, I might add.

One of those spammers was a hoot. "He" was making like a "she." I also prefer to think that women have better things to do than to go link spamming. "Her" first (and last) post was along the lines of, "Hi! I'm new here! I like fashion, shopping, what about u? And oh, my mom buys me laptop batteries from (insert spamlinks here). I'm told that these are 38% off for the Thanksgiving Day!"

The Thanksgiving Day?

Such a generous mother, too. Even my dear mother isn't that generous. Actually, she is. She just hates computers.

You blew it, sweetie. I never answer spam unless I'm promised at least 40% off.

I wonder if she'll follow my suggestion and hook up a li-po to an automotive battery charger.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Nov 12, 2007 at 12:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply