Dec 10, 2012, 05:18 PM
KK4NZS / RP sUAS
Great.. thers no reason to get that quad together..
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2012, 05:53 PM
Received my replacement replacement screen. Already installed and working.
Dec 10, 2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av3ng3r247 View Post
Despite the early morning showers yesterday turned out to be a great day to go up! I met this smaller group called the "pink elephants" they fly out of there every sunday morning. They referenced the group that flies at 3 Oaks & their quads and FPV. They described the group as the area 51 of the RC realm, no one knows what they do exactly, we just see odd things flying every which way. Haha, at any rate the biplane held up well and was incredibly stable, tempted to toss some floats on it, anyone have any experience with floats?
Hey I just bought the same plane.... what set up are you finding works best?
Dec 11, 2012, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpsonJ View Post
Raptor just about ready for action. Nearly everything working.
Updated with LRS, Storm OSD, and different Vid tx.
Little weary about the stability and RTH function but we shall see.
Get it 3-4 mistakes high and activate it.

Need to update the ground station now, but that should not keep me from flying.
After we talked last night I got to thinking about this picture. Do you have a filter on your Tx output?
Dec 11, 2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
After we talked last night I got to thinking about this picture. Do you have a filter on your Tx output?
Nope.
New parts ordered.
Dec 11, 2012, 11:47 AM
crazy cold today! Went out for a little while, about two 10 min flights before I was freezing. The wind was pretty rough too but was still kinda fun, I think I had it in a forward flight hover for a while there, haha. Hopefully this weekend is nicer, I miss the 70* days.
Dec 11, 2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrchesler View Post
Hey I just bought the same plane.... what set up are you finding works best?
Hello JR! I am using a basic setup /w a Dx6i and a 4 ch Rx, nothing too fancy. The thing that sets it apart is the expo, throws, and D/R you have going on. The ailerons weren't as responsive as i had originally wanted so I will replace the EPO hinges with legit ones... I think the servos are encountering TONS of resistance moving that huge foam hinge they're defeated before they even get a chance to actually counter the forces the wind is throwing at it.

Otherwise I'm using a standard
18c 2200mah battery
stock 13x6 prop
stock servos
stock everything else.
Dec 11, 2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpsonJ View Post
Nope.
New parts ordered.
Cool. Looking forward to seeing your new setup in action. I'm def interested in the OSD we discussed.
Dec 11, 2012, 11:54 AM

Sbach on the way!

Just placed an order for the new dynam Sbach 342. Once it arrives I'll have a mini flight review!
Dec 11, 2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
Cool. Looking forward to seeing your new setup in action. I'm def interested in the OSD we discussed.
Okay, its not going anywhere. Got a bunch of parts to liquidate.
Dec 11, 2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Just placed an order for the new dynam Sbach 342. Once it arrives I'll have a mini flight review!
Used to have that exact same airplane months ago until a mechanical failure caused a terrible crash beyond repair. It did fly very well, however, and was pretty impressed with its roll rate and unlimited vertical climbs. Just make sure you add velcro to the canopy or it will fall off since the magnets aren't strong enough to hold it in place. Also, don't expect to do crazy 3D maneuvers on the stock power setup, however.
Dec 11, 2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roen View Post
Used to have that exact same airplane months ago until a mechanical failure caused a terrible crash beyond repair. It did fly very well, however, and was pretty impressed with its roll rate and unlimited vertical climbs. Just make sure you add velcro to the canopy or it will fall off since the magnets aren't strong enough to hold it in place. Also, don't expect to do crazy 3D maneuvers on the stock power setup, however.
Did you figure out what failed? What should I watch out for?
Dec 11, 2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Did you figure out what failed? What should I watch out for?
Yes. It was a locked aileron servo. Stock Detrum brand. Apparently, everything 'seemed' fine during the preflight check but I guess I forgot to run the servos and check the trim on the control surfaces for unevenness prior to flight. Luckily, no one was around the park when the airplane plummeted down to the ground.

So, my suggestion is either get a kit version if any is available or just buy the plane you're looking at and buy separate, better servos. I suggest metal gears or anything more than 9g cause the plane is way too large for 9g servos in which it came equipped with stock.

Oh, and the landing gear on the airplane WILL break on you on soft or hard landings. Maybe not after a few first successful landings, but after a while the landing gear will snap back since the plate which the gear is screwed on is GLUED, rather than tacked on or screwed, onto the airframe. I don't know how many times I had to gorilla glue the gears back on.
Dec 12, 2012, 03:49 PM
FPV addict
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355345205.380338.jpg
Views: 43
Size: 156.0 KB
Description:
This will soon be my 800 hex, except missing the ESC. They didn't have them in stok and will mail them to me in WI when I go on leave Friday
Dec 12, 2012, 04:06 PM
FPV addict
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355346351.233263.jpg
Views: 44
Size: 132.6 KB
Description:
This thing is HUGE. I temporarily put the legs and 2 motor mounts on, it's taller then my 2 year old!

Quick Reply