Nov 11, 2012, 10:52 AM
So I just purchased a Blade 450 /w flymentor 3d in it... I'm using a Dx6i Tx (first step to a 6ch) is anyone familiar with setting these up? I'm hitting a wall and having a very difficult time trying to get the swashplate to match the inputs from the radio... SOOO MANY OPTIONS!!!!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpsonJ View Post
Think ill be there too. Lost my ESC/BEC from my mustang crash yesterday. I remember seeing it but its not on the plane now.
Ill be headed out in a bit to search for my lost canopy via FPV. Ill keep an eye out.
Nov 11, 2012, 11:19 AM
KK4NZS / RP sUAS
I was hoping to get out this evening But maybe another time...
Last edited by Nelapaty; Nov 11, 2012 at 02:02 PM.
Nov 11, 2012, 02:04 PM
So i have tomorrow off any one headed out to grassfeild. school are out tomorrow.
Nov 11, 2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av3ng3r247 View Post
So I just purchased a Blade 450 /w flymentor 3d in it... I'm using a Dx6i Tx (first step to a 6ch) is anyone familiar with setting these up? I'm hitting a wall and having a very difficult time trying to get the swashplate to match the inputs from the radio... SOOO MANY OPTIONS!!!!
You may have to switch the inputs on the receiver. so its just trial and error. only swap 1 servo input at a time.
Nov 11, 2012, 02:27 PM
KK4NZS / RP sUAS
Change of plans will be out today at 3pm if anyone wants to join more than welcome...

public schools dont have tomorrow off..
Nov 11, 2012, 03:44 PM
FPV saves the day. Didn't even have to put the bird in the air. It was right where I saw it on the video.

Came home and flew up and down the street to burn the charged packs off. Nothing like FPV viewing on a 62" TV!
Nov 11, 2012, 04:41 PM
FPV addict
Nice
Nov 11, 2012, 06:31 PM
KK4NZS / RP sUAS
I had a 2 good fpv test flights with my setup and then I came sloping down it was weird.. all is ok a few scratches and a broken leg nothing more.
It was my fault I took my eyes off the screen to see if I can bring her and she went sloping down at a 45 deg angle. Sorry no videos yet..
Nov 11, 2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelapaty View Post
I had a 2 good fpv test flights with my setup and then I came sloping down it was weird.. all is ok a few scratches and a broken leg nothing more.
It was my fault I took my eyes off the screen to see if I can bring her and she went sloping down at a 45 deg angle. Sorry no videos yet..
FPV with the TBS?
Nov 11, 2012, 06:49 PM
KK4NZS / RP sUAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
FPV with the TBS?
oh yea it was weird but i think im gettin the hang of it..
Nov 11, 2012, 07:00 PM
Just got back from my Key West squadron detachment. Gonna fly at Tarrallton Park tomorrow and maybe Grassfield later in the day if weather permits.
Nov 11, 2012, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roen View Post
Just got back from my Key West squadron detachment. Gonna fly at Tarrallton Park tomorrow and maybe Grassfield later in the day if weather permits.
Im right by tarrallton. i have an appointment at 9 so may just go there instead.
Nov 12, 2012, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnburn69 View Post
Im right by tarrallton. i have an appointment at 9 so may just go there instead.
I might go there in the early AM. I'm only like 3 minutes from the park so I'll be back and forth there throughout the day till sunset. School's out and the weather's looking kinda decent (hopefully it won't change) so I guess it's a good opportunity for some flying.
Nov 12, 2012, 05:31 AM
Chores?? What Chores I'm Fly'n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roen View Post
I might go there in the early AM. I'm only like 3 minutes from the park so I'll be back and forth there throughout the day till sunset. School's out and the weather's looking kinda decent (hopefully it won't change) so I guess it's a good opportunity for some flying.
There is school today as a makeup day. I will meet u guys there also but i wont be there till 10:30 so see u there.....

Quick Reply