Virginia Beach - Electric Club/Park/School Flying - Page 256 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Sep 16, 2012, 08:25 PM
V=IR
mcsarge's Avatar
Hey all here is the website for the Electrics of Tidewater

http://www.electricsovertidewater.com/register/

Matt
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2012, 08:51 PM
Registered User
I've never been to this kind of event before. It's only $15 to get in or is there more to pay for?
Sep 16, 2012, 09:28 PM
V=IR
mcsarge's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roen
I've never been to this kind of event before. It's only
$15 to get in or is there more to pay for?
They are a blast! Lots of people and stuff going on. You do need to be an AMA member to fly and you should get there by 9 for the pilot meeting.

The 15 bucks gets you lunch too. I have gone a few year just to watch and it is fun. Lots of raffle items, etc.

Matt
Sep 16, 2012, 10:21 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarge
They are a blast! Lots of people and stuff going on. You do need to be an AMA member to fly and you should get there by 9 for the pilot meeting.

The 15 bucks gets you lunch too. I have gone a few year just to watch and it is fun. Lots of raffle items, etc.

Matt
Cool. I'm an AMA member myself and been meaning to make good use of it for a while now. $15 with lunch sounds like a good deal. I might take the time to come out if I'm not working this weekend.
Sep 17, 2012, 10:22 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
dedStik's Avatar
I don't think it costs anything to attend as an observer. I think the fee is only if you intend to fly.
Sep 17, 2012, 01:53 PM
V=IR
mcsarge's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik
I don't think it costs anything to attend as an observer. I think the fee is only if you intend to fly.
That is true, free for observers. You can buy raffle tickets for the giveaways, there is lots of great stuff this year.
Sep 17, 2012, 01:56 PM
V=IR
mcsarge's Avatar
Fellows,

Here is a great App for you Android phone - it lets you look at wind conditions and provide a prediction. THey may have it in the iPhone App store too...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...QuYW5kcm9pZCJd
Sep 17, 2012, 03:59 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
dedStik's Avatar
I'm heading out to EOT this year, will there be T-shirts?

I probably won't go though if they have the HRBT closed off again like last weekend though. Don't want to get stuck that side of the water.

I will be heading out to fly tonight when I get out of work if anyone is interested.
Sep 17, 2012, 05:52 PM
Turn up the G's !!!!
dskalski's Avatar
HRBT is scheduled to be closed this weekend too unfortunatly
Sep 18, 2012, 06:41 AM
KK4NOP
Mike Freas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dskalski
HRBT is scheduled to be closed this weekend too unfortunatly
I heard on the radio this morning VDOT has canceled construction to reevaluate the mess they created this past weekend. This is good news for those able to make the event.
Sep 18, 2012, 09:22 PM
Turn up the G's !!!!
dskalski's Avatar
Yea I heard that too this morning... so game on
Sep 19, 2012, 05:39 PM
Fly, Crash, Re-Build, Fly
I told Coot I'd post some pictures of the construction site across Princess Anne from Three Oaks. I flew there a few times and thought it was ok.
Last edited by Win2k8R2; Sep 19, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
Sep 19, 2012, 06:15 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win2k8R2
I told Coot I'd post some pictures of the construction site across Princess Anne from Three Oaks. I flew there a few times and thought it was ok.
Interesting. Is the gravel road good for take offs?
Sep 19, 2012, 09:02 PM
You haz hurricane?
Coot83's Avatar
Thanks for the pics! Is there a good straight away in the gravel road? Also does the gravel hang up the landing gear when taxiing around?

Coot
Sep 19, 2012, 09:32 PM
Fly, Crash, Re-Build, Fly
The gravel is there, and I didn't do a lot of taxing around, but I did successfully take off and land my Apprentice there without any issues.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kicked Out of City Park for Flying My Park Flyer kelvin Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 41 Jan 10, 2011 09:59 AM
Discussion Virginia Beach Club Massey Dock Talk 43 Dec 05, 2006 10:53 PM
I want to start a slowflyer/electric club in the Columbia South Carolina area. Steven9026 Parkflyers 3 Nov 19, 2001 10:08 AM
Public School Flying Field fly4fun Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 21 Oct 23, 2001 10:06 AM
Virginia Beach E-Fly In Sotos Electric Plane Talk 0 Jun 10, 2001 07:21 PM