May 18, 2012, 06:56 PM
Turn up the G's !!!!
I just upgraded the motor on my F-18 to a 2212-06 2200kv motor. I may have to just test her out tomorrow
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2012, 07:48 PM
Who's headed where tomorrow?
May 18, 2012, 09:03 PM
You cant crash if you dont fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnburn69 View Post
Who's headed where tomorrow?
Yea what he said.
May 18, 2012, 09:04 PM
Looking like your in business if you have a kite this weekend!! Think this weekend will be a maintenance weekend!!
May 18, 2012, 09:21 PM
I havnt flown in 3 weeks I got the itch. Maybe an early morning at GF for me. Around 730ish. Plus I have to maiden the PA katanna mini.
May 18, 2012, 10:35 PM
addicted foam abuser
Its gonna be breezy...but I'm headn to 3-0 around 9ish...Ritewing and DFighter packd...
May 18, 2012, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prelator View Post
Thanks dedStik. Apology accepted. And yes I can see your concern about pushing FPV too far. Believe me, I will do my best to make sure any future news reports like this aren't about me either!
Patrick,

I owe you an apology as well but I hope you understand where I was coming from. I may have gone about it the wrong way but it affects my safety as well as the passengers I fly. I am sure that pilot crapped himself. You have to understand when we are up flying and under ATC control we aren't expecting to hit anything.

I have had a near miss with a party balloon at 30,000 ft and it wakes you up in a heartbeat! I hope you can understand why I said what I said. It's what I do for a living.

Sounds like you have changed your ways. Just be careful and use good judgement. You have made some good videos. Keep safety #1 in where ever you fly. It is more then just you out there. Good Luck!!

Tyler
Last edited by pylot2b; May 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM.
May 19, 2012, 12:20 AM
FPV Browncoat
Sure thing Tyler. I accept your apology as well. Best of luck to you too and enjoy RC.
May 19, 2012, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Sure thing Tyler. I accept your apology as well. Best of luck to you too and enjoy RC.
No worries. I fpv for a living. My office is the best on the planet. I challenge you to get a private pilot's license. It will enlighten you in more ways then you can imagine. It is the ultimate in FPV because it's just you and an airplane. Plus you will learn a thing or two. At least take a discovery flight!

I would take you flying but I let my instructor certificate expire 2 years ago. I think you would understand were I am coming from.
May 19, 2012, 02:24 AM
FPV Browncoat
Maybe so. I'd actually love to get my pilots license someday when I have the money for lessons. I flew Cessnas a few times and learned a good amount about aviation in high school in Civil Air Patrol. That's always been a long term goal of mine, someday when I can afford it.
May 19, 2012, 04:40 AM
Chores?? What Chores I'm Fly'n
Quote:
Hey Patrick im glad it wasn't you even thou i did make a smart comment as a joke. I do enjoy your videos on youtube and see that you are getting better and it shows. It looks like you have plenty of room to fly over open fields in Denver. Good luck with your RC adventures.
May 19, 2012, 05:53 AM
Chores?? What Chores I'm Fly'n
I'm going to 3-0 early before the wind picks up. Ill be there around 7:30am
May 19, 2012, 06:33 AM
KK4NZS / RP sUAS
I will see ya guys this morning will have my son with me..
May 19, 2012, 09:55 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pylot2b View Post
No worries. I fpv for a living. My office is the best on the planet. I challenge you to get a private pilot's license. It will enlighten you in more ways then you can imagine. It is the ultimate in FPV because it's just you and an airplane. Plus you will learn a thing or two. At least take a discovery flight!

I would take you flying but I let my instructor certificate expire 2 years ago. I think you would understand were I am coming from.
I can 2nd this. I don't have a pilots license but my company owns it's own plane Super King Air 350, the owner knows I've done thousands of hours over the years on computer sims and let's me sit dummy seat quite regularly. It's the best high there is, no pun intended. The view is stunning, FPV doesn't do it justice. It looks quite similar, but it isn't as bouncy it's really like you are floating more than flying. Had I the means I'd get a license, from the times I've been in the chair it's well worth it. Worst thing for me is that the King Air cockpit isn't made for tall people. I have a really hard time getting in and out especially with a bit more age on me.

The company pilot was surprised at how much I had learned from sims though, he was asking me things and he even let's me change course headings when the controller tells us to. It's a wholly different animal from RC.
May 19, 2012, 09:46 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
Time to move I just heard about 10 gun shots not even 2 blocks from my house. Now there a chopper and I heard at least 12 emergency vehicles roll in.

Quick Reply