Dec 10, 2002, 10:10 AM
Thread OP

Hecell reaching full capacity. Why the differences?

A while ago I got my test samples from Hecell and yesterday I finally made up an 8-cell pack and put it on a format cycle at 100 mA on my Orbit V6. I discharged the pack at 2 amps first to speed up the cycle a bit then the format cycle was run which first discharged the pack to 0.9V/cell at 100 mA and then charges the pack at 100 mA until it reaches 1.45V/cell.

This morning when I woke up I found that the pack took 1097 mAh during the format charge and this afternoon when I got home I discharged the pack and charged it at 1.1 A reflex. It took 1132 mAh and when I discharged it at 25W (current starts at 2 amps and increases to 2.5 amps as the voltage drops) I got 1028 mAh out of it.

It seems that my pack has reached pretty much full capacity already where others need 3-4 cycles before they reach this kind of capacity. Are my review samples hand picked or is it simply the 100 mA format charge that the Hecells loves so much?

/Erik
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2002, 11:17 AM
After initial 15 hour 50mah charge I cycled twice at 3.0A discharge and 1.1A charge. 10 cell pack took 1094ma.
Dec 11, 2002, 08:57 AM
small electrics r BIG FUN
Could be the format charge. I just cycled my first pack. After an initial 110ma slow- charge for 16 hrs, I flew it in a 400 plane to lvc, then discharged/charged it on my 330d and at 1 Amp it took 1.14 Ah . I cycled it again last night on the charger and it took an almost identical charge. Performance was rather boring after the slow-charge, but noticeably better after the 1 Amp charge.

Al

Quick Reply