APC 9x6
CC10
TP1320 3 cell
2x Futaba 3110s
Electron 6 Rx
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2007, 11:03 AM
Thread OP
LuckyDuc, is it a tight fit with your battery in the Sabre, I've been looking at mine and was just wondering. With the Mig the 1500 3 cell pack is practically touching the top of the underside of the canopy, though with the F86 I think the underside of the canopy is set a little higher.
Nov 02, 2007, 11:08 AM
Thread OP
@Rob92, sorry just saw your finish on the Corsair, very nice. How did you do the rudder?
Nov 02, 2007, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart warne
LuckyDuc, is it a tight fit with your battery in the Sabre, I've been looking at mine and was just wondering. With the Mig the 1500 3 cell pack is practically touching the top of the underside of the canopy, though with the F86 I think the underside of the canopy is set a little higher.
I glued the battery tray as low as I could while still allowing the ducting to be removeable. It fits with just a tad of clearance between the canopy and batt.

The 2 TP1320s in parallel fit better from a height perspective though.
Nov 02, 2007, 11:21 AM
Thread OP
Thanks LuckyDuc, those picures helpful. Did you glue the battery tray under the balsa longeron support? I carn't tell from the picture.
Nov 02, 2007, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Thanks LuckyDuc, those picures helpful. Did you glue the battery tray under the balsa longeron support? I carn't tell from the picture.
Yep. I used Gorilla glue along the bottom edges of the tray. The 2070s give me 7 minutes of WOT flight time. The 2 parallel 1320s give me over 9 minutes of full throttle flight time.
Nov 02, 2007, 04:00 PM
The sky is my playground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm15141
I'm running an APC 9x6

Where do you get the Micro Set/Sol and is it easy to use? My Decals are shredding and peeling cause of my lousy application...
I buy Micro Set/Sol at any LHS that sell plastic scale models. I gotta dig around for it again...but I have a decent post on apply decals. I'll see if I can find it in the next day or so.
Nov 02, 2007, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine
Here you go: [url]I've posted some pics of the mods I've done. Such as making the wing removeable. Over all it's a nice plane and has the probably best decals Alfa has produced. They settle very well to the panel lines with some Micro Set/Sol.
Nice mod D9. You should post to your blog with your set up and flight report like you did on the Dora. Here is a pic of my Martlett. Seen here before.
Nov 02, 2007, 05:34 PM
Thread OP
Hey Tom, nice marlett. the first time I've seen yours! I was thinking of spraying mine in the desert colours. The RN had a few of the fixed wing Mk1's at the begining of 1942 in Lybia I think. But its between that and the Atlantic two tone scheme.

Whats your set-up?
Nov 02, 2007, 08:21 PM
The sky is my playground.
Here's a family portrait from about this time last year. I've since sold the Mustang and the FW was lost to radio interferance. No kidding either shoulda had a vid for that one. It was flying fine then turned into wacked out bee buzzing in circles... When once it smashed to little bits, I checked the controls and all was fine. I don't use any of the electronics from that plane anymore.
Nov 02, 2007, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Hey Tom, nice marlett. the first time I've seen yours! I was thinking of spraying mine in the desert colours. The RN had a few of the fixed wing Mk1's at the begining of 1942 in Lybia I think. But its between that and the Atlantic two tone scheme.

Whats your set-up?
If you click on my avitar you can go to my blogs and see my set up. Went the speed 300 w/gearbox and a 2 cell lipo. Light and nice. This is my trainer
and although I've not flown much lately, it flies nicely.

Tom
Nov 02, 2007, 08:42 PM
Every flight is a maiden!
OMG! You've got the collection of collections!

Are all those RTF?

Which is your favorite?

I'm trying to decide on my next alfa, the Kate and the shangri-la have my interest, but the field is still open...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine
Here's a family portrait from about this time last year. I've since sold the Mustang and the FW was lost to radio interferance. No kidding either shoulda had a vid for that one. It was flying fine then turned into wacked out bee buzzing in circles... When once it smashed to little bits, I checked the controls and all was fine. I don't use any of the electronics from that plane anymore.
Nov 02, 2007, 08:47 PM
I fly therefore I crash
John,

Love the Alfa family picture. That said...are you aware of the dog-poo in the lower center? Is that a joke or just an incredible oversight? I'm still chuckling after 10 mins.

Fletch
Nov 02, 2007, 08:52 PM
Flying electric since 1986
I love my Alpha's and will certainly add more to my hanger in the future!

I think my next Alpha will be one of the jets.
Nov 02, 2007, 09:08 PM
Every flight is a maiden!
hee hee!

I was so enamored by the planes I missed that...

dog poo...must represent all them other planes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchace
John,

Love the Alfa family picture. That said...are you aware of the dog-poo in the lower center? Is that a joke or just an incredible oversight? I'm still chuckling after 10 mins.

Fletch

Quick Reply