Oct 30, 2007, 05:04 PM
Intensely Calm
Thread OP

Comprehensive List of Batteries, Chargers, Motors, ESC, Gyros, etc. w/ Specifications

With the hundreds of battery choices that are out there these days it has become an exhaustive task to even locate all the product options which exist.

In order to save everyone the time of seeking out information on all the available lipo batteries out there, I decided to share the data that I have compiled which includes a comprehensive list of every available lipo from 2S and 150 mAh to 15S and 10,000 mAh. All the major brands are included such as Thunder Power, FlightPower, Kong Power, Hyperion, CommonSenseRC, TrueRC, Tenergy, AirThunder, MaxAmps, PolyQuest, Neu, Tanic, etc.

It is in spreadsheet format and allows you to sort by headings as well as filter the given lists. Outside of normal statistics (weight, dimensions, etc.) there are columns which allow you to sort to determine which battery offers the most bang for the buck (capacity per dollar) or capacity per weight (mAh/gram).

The website will be updated frequently and also provides a link to a low price available online to purchase each item. Check it out here:

http://www.progressiverc.com/research

Feedback on this work in progress would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know what you would like to see added and information posted in this thread will be incorporated into the website. So, if you'd like to see a product that I am missing, you see a stat that is wrong, or if you know where you can find an item for a lower price please post it here.

Cheers,
David

Edit:

Current Listing

Last edited by write2dgray; Aug 24, 2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: update link
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2007, 09:39 PM
Intensely Calm
Thread OP
Now updated to include 2S through 15S - enjoy!
Last edited by write2dgray; Nov 03, 2007 at 10:37 AM.
Nov 01, 2007, 11:19 PM
You Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for the great info
Nov 02, 2007, 12:10 AM
David, you've done a great thing here! Got a couple of thoughts you may like or dislike:
1. Is there any way for you to add another column where people could add lib their opinions or ratings on the particular batteries? Second, as I was scrolling down the battery page, I had to keep scrolling back up to the top to review the title of each column. So, is there any way to "freeze" the heading bar while scolling down?
Just a couple of thoughts.....Eric
Nov 02, 2007, 08:47 AM
Intensely Calm
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by missle
David, you've done a great thing here! Got a couple of thoughts you may like or dislike:
1. Is there any way for you to add another column where people could add lib their opinions or ratings on the particular batteries? Second, as I was scrolling down the battery page, I had to keep scrolling back up to the top to review the title of each column. So, is there any way to "freeze" the heading bar while scolling down?
Just a couple of thoughts.....Eric
Eric,

Thanks for the suggestions! I agree with you that the headings need to lock and will add this feature soon. As far as comments go, I would prefer to relegate that sort of qualitative opinion to this forum, but a rating system would not be a bad thing. Something like a 1-10 scale where users could weigh in and an average would be taken. I will be adding a list of every known RC website in the next day or two that will feature a site rating and describe the products they carry (i.e. Heli: Align, E-Flite Battery: ThunderPower, Kong Power). Please let me know what else you would like to see.

- David
Nov 02, 2007, 08:53 AM
What about Maxamp batteries?
Nov 02, 2007, 10:56 AM
Intensely Calm
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybird
What about Maxamp batteries?
I have completed the update to include all 2S Maxamp batteries and added them to the 3S-6S lists. The website pages will be updated with this info later today. By the way, I like the Maxamps website (http://www.maxamps.com/), it's very clean and easy to navigate. Thanks for pointing it out!

- David
Nov 02, 2007, 11:07 AM
Hey, I just wanted to mention that Xcite battery is not on the list either. Have a good one and thanks so much for this resource.
Last edited by alphalover; Nov 02, 2007 at 11:07 AM. Reason: removed php
Nov 02, 2007, 11:09 AM
That is a nice idea. Would it make comparison shopping easier if the packs were grouped by capacity rather than brand? All the 2100 mah packs together instead of all the Thunder Power packs together?

Just a thought.
Nov 02, 2007, 11:15 AM
Intensely Calm
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico
That is a nice idea. Would it make comparison shopping easier if the packs were grouped by capacity rather than brand? All the 2100 mah packs together instead of all the Thunder Power packs together?

Just a thought.
Simply click on the capacity (mAh) column heading in the spreadsheet and it will instantly sort by that column, allowing you to see it sorted by capacity, or any other column for that matter. You can even filter the results to only show 2100 mAh batteries by searching for "2100" in the column "mAh." I hope this helps!

- David
Nov 02, 2007, 11:18 AM
Intensely Calm
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphalover
Hey, I just wanted to mention that Xcite battery is not on the list either. Have a good one and thanks so much for this resource.
Hmmmmm, Xcite batteries you say - I've never heard of them. I'd be glad to add them if you could point me to a place online where they are available for purchase.

Thanks,
David
Nov 02, 2007, 11:23 AM
They are a site sponsor and the site is www.xcitebattery.com. They are a fairly new company, but I have used there product for 6 months now and always see their banners on other forums.
Nov 02, 2007, 11:28 AM
Intensely Calm
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphalover
They are a site sponsor and the site is www.xcitebattery.com. They are a fairly new company, but I have used there product for 6 months now and always see their banners on other forums.
Just found it - thanks for the link. I will get them added to the list. Thanks!

Edit: Xcite batteries (all 10 of them) are added to the list which will be updated on the website this evening. They do have some pretty good deals on large capacity 2S packs and are the first batteries that I have seen that have a heat sensor on them. Basically, it's a sticker affixed to the battery that indicates the temp - pretty nifty idea that I'm sure others will follow.
Last edited by write2dgray; Nov 02, 2007 at 11:41 AM.
Nov 02, 2007, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by write2dgray
Simply click on the capacity (mAh) column heading in the spreadsheet and it will instantly sort by that column, allowing you to see it sorted by capacity, or any other column for that matter. You can even filter the results to only show 2100 mAh batteries by searching for "2100" in the column "mAh." I hope this helps!

- David
I didn't realize it was sortable that way. Excellent feature. Nevermind......
Nov 02, 2007, 01:00 PM
Permanently Banned
don't bother to waste your time doing it ,should be obsolete by the time U finish it

Quick Reply