Oct 02, 2012, 09:36 PM
Jack of all master of none
Quote:
Originally Posted by prunner
Twinwarbirdflier and Friends-Thanks for taking time to do this thread. I've got a box of wood and a G62 in the box. Here we go!
COOL are you going to post the whole build? I would like to see one of these put together.

Good luck w/ the build,

Bruce
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2012, 01:00 PM
Prunner
I might splinterz, I'm working on moding the horz stab to make it airfoiled instead of just flat. First day of the build and I'm already making changes. Typical .
Oct 03, 2012, 01:31 PM
Jack of all master of none
Quote:
I might splinterz, I'm working on moding the horz stab to make it airfoiled instead of just flat. First day of the build and I'm already making changes. Typical .
WOW Your building the GS kit and it doesn't have an airfoil STAB I though that was suppose to be a very good kit, well I like your thinking
you should show how to make those changes and all of the others.
I'm sure there's going to be some other guys building this plane this winter, It's one of my all time favorite.

still watching,

Bruce
Oct 13, 2012, 08:15 AM
Legend Hobby Team Pilot
Thread OP
Finally, A good pic in the air!
Oct 17, 2012, 06:07 PM
SENTA A PUAAA!!!
Gorgeous, Twin!!!

You should be proud!
Oct 17, 2012, 06:28 PM
Legend Hobby Team Pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilian Amaral
Gorgeous, Twin!!!

You should be proud!
Thanks Wilian, How have you been?
Oct 17, 2012, 06:34 PM
Twin,

That is a nice landing shot. I will have my 2nd Corsair soon and it will be the same #17 that you have. I have the #19 at the moment.

Ton2di
Oct 18, 2012, 12:35 PM
SENTA A PUAAA!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinwarbirdflier
Thanks Wilian, How have you been?
I'm pretty slammed with all the college studies. My planes are gettin' dusty but I'm always around reading the forums. Hope I get some free time again soon!
Nov 11, 2012, 11:13 PM
Prunner

Out of the box

Hello Twinwarbirdflier, Here's what I've got put together at the 5 week point. I just checked the weight of the fuse and tail feathers and they're coming in right at 4lbs. 1lb just for the tail feathers. In the photo's you can see the airfoil that I've added to them. I'm going to modify the wing so that the outer sections will be removable similar to the design of the arf version. I've got some 1/16" a/c ply and F/G to reinforce the spar extension and receiving spar slot for that. I guess I'll start working on the wings again since the fuse is mostly skinned out.
Nov 12, 2012, 06:30 PM
Legend Hobby Team Pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
Hello Twinwarbirdflier, Here's what I've got put together at the 5 week point. I just checked the weight of the fuse and tail feathers and they're coming in right at 4lbs. 1lb just for the tail feathers. In the photo's you can see the airfoil that I've added to them. I'm going to modify the wing so that the outer sections will be removable similar to the design of the arf version. I've got some 1/16" a/c ply and F/G to reinforce the spar extension and receiving spar slot for that. I guess I'll start working on the wings again since the fuse is mostly skinned out.
Lookin' Good!
Jul 09, 2013, 07:28 PM
Legend Hobby Team Pilot
Thread OP
So, she's still running strong! Here's a pic from the "Valley of the Giants" IMAA flyin in Westport NY last weekend
Jul 10, 2013, 11:17 PM
You did a great job on that one (as you do on all of your planes, BTW). RC scale Corsair's only look good when they are very large, in my opinion.
Jul 19, 2023, 03:08 AM
Finished mine up and flown! Took me 1-1/2 years to build. Recessed panel lines, rivits, painted on insignias, full 3d printed cockpit, and “Pappy” sitting in seat and working cowel flaps! Also scale fuel hatch for my switches etc. dle 55ra up front. Cg’d according to plans amd she felt heavy in the air. I ended up taking 1lb off and now she flies perfect. Cg at 5 3/4 back.
Jul 19, 2023, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I work on Jets

Say Cheese

Of course the plane behind me has a 124” w.s!
Hey tiny, how’s it going?

Anyhow, the engine died just after takeoff and it went down.
Ripped the gear rails out and cracked the center section.
I need a wing kit to fix it but I don't have the time to do it..
Last edited by Shell shock 2; Jul 20, 2023 at 10:23 AM.

Quick Reply