Dec 08, 2002, 08:39 PM
Thread OP

Urgent pre- christmas help needed on choosing a brusless for Todd's Tiny ??

Been thinking of buying a brusless for my Lil Hornet or for my Tiny and do away with all those tired GWS motors.

I'm also thinking of buying a S/B or the cut down version later on.

Is there a brushless small enough for the Tiny??

Can I use one motor for both planes?

The Hornet flies nicely on a geared 300 so the Hacker B20-15 with a 4:1 would probaly work but what about the Tiny ???

Will a Mega or one of those Axi outrunners allow to get the smae performance without using a gear box.????

Need help with this I'm short on funds and expertise.

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2002, 09:35 PM
Thread OP
Nooooo!! Don't tell me there is no brushless motor small enough for a Tiny
Dec 08, 2002, 09:59 PM
MKH
MKH
I think the 010 14t with the soon-to-be-released modified GWS box from Perry at AeroMicro is your best bet. You can use 3 lionpolys to keep the weight low. Gear it 4.43:1, use a 10x4.7 to keep the speed reasonable, aim for 8 ounces rtf, and have a blast. I'm not aware of another brushless setup that can match this weight, except possibly the B20-31s geared motor/P10 esc, which could use the lipolys, but you'd need to downsize to about an 8" prop to keep the amps in the same range. 12+ ounces of thrust should keep an 8 ounce tiny pretty happy, although you'd have to ask Todd Long how it will handle at this weight.
Marcus
Dec 08, 2002, 10:42 PM
Thread OP
MKH

Sounds good !
Dec 08, 2002, 10:47 PM
MKH
MKH
Keep an eye on the Parkflyers forum. I think Tres has this setup ready to go in his Tiny-X. We should be hearing from him soon.
Marcus

Quick Reply