GWS A-4 :Another famous Jet - Page 113 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by GWS CHEN, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 06, 2018, 01:37 AM
Person of interest
You have done a brilliant job on the build and finish alpea - really looks the business. Looking forward to the flight report.
Very interesting to hear what Pete is doing now.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2018, 07:00 PM
check for reversed controls
Thanks kk. It does look like a much more expensive rc jet. And I'm getting anxious to get it in the air too
Jan 07, 2018, 03:46 PM
And I'm very happy to report that new battery is the right stuff. With a reasonably low voltage drop my experimental power system watt metered at 450watts 30 amps at about 3/4 throttle. And at full throttle gave 700 watts 40amps. Which is pushing my motor and ESC above their limits so no full throttle passes will be allowed. At least not till I'm ready for a more powerful system....lol
Jan 07, 2018, 08:08 PM
Today would a been a great day for the maiden here in the L A Ca. Area. About 75 deg. Sunny and calm winds. Eat your heart out Easterners. Lol
Anyway on with finishing it.
I diluted the Min Wax polycrylic 25 % with rubbing alcohol and it seemed to lay on nicely with no runs ,spraying it with my cheapie Harbor Freight 4oz cap. Gravity fed mini detail spray gun.
I'm hoping it works as a water slide decal fixer cuz they aren't holding up to touching with fingers. Seems to be sealing them on pretty good. And I'm hoping to seal the white foam from soiling. I also hope it doesn't yellow in sunlight like Min Wax polyeurathane did.
I'm also gonna glass the belly with it and dryer softener sheets
Jan 14, 2018, 02:14 PM
Hot dang its nice to live in LA Ca. Another summer temperature winters day sposed to get to 83 today . right now about 75 and Skyhawk is ready to fly. Final flying weight 30.2 oz. I'm very happy with that now if I can get someone to video the maiden I'll be posting it later.
Jan 15, 2018, 11:51 AM
Still unflown but I went by the Apollo 11 field in Van Nuyes and took this photo op with some of my buddies T45s. They fly theirs in perfect formation

Quick Reply