Apr 24, 2011, 01:02 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Got to love these!

A-4 4-24-11.wmv (4 min 45 sec)

Jim
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2011, 03:36 PM
Always around.......
Jim, Looks like you guys really have fun with your scooters still. Me, Dark, and A-4SpeedJunkie are finally starting to do wingman flight now too. We need to get some cams on ours. A-4SpeedJunkie's would be the wildest ride considering how fast his is. This birds are still alot of fun to fly.

Jason
Apr 24, 2011, 04:18 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Jason

Flying formation is really tough and the camera doesn't lie (much). Ren's is much faster than my pogie setup - still totally stock on 3s. Looking forward to seeing something from the left coast!

Jim
Apr 24, 2011, 10:19 PM
Always around.......
I will get with Dark and A-4SJ and work something out.

Jason
Apr 25, 2011, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdr
Here's opposing view from my cam.

ren

GWS A4 formation take-off.wmv (3 min 31 sec)
Nov 19, 2013, 03:35 PM
Short bursts, Don't waste ammo
Is GWS taking this plane off the market?
Nov 19, 2013, 07:44 PM

Gws a4

hi Everyone, glad to see you like GWS A4, this kit is in regular supply, there are stocks in China, Taiwan as well as in GWS US. Please send your inquiry to GWS US. Thanks.
Jan 08, 2014, 10:26 AM
No Pnp or Rtf, i build my own!

GWS busting?

Well i've bought a couple of GWS kits at dirt cheap prices locally... heard the boss mentioned he pulled out of GWS distributionship for good.

I suspect GWS is weakening & losing alot ground on other makers. Such nice kits but such suck electronics... bad recipe for failure.
Jul 09, 2016, 09:31 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogo
Well i've bought a couple of GWS kits at dirt cheap prices locally... heard the boss mentioned he pulled out of GWS distributionship for good.

I suspect GWS is weakening & losing alot ground on other makers. Such nice kits but such suck electronics... bad recipe for failure.
Most people don't use the electronics. Honestly the ESCs and motors were not the best for me, but the GWS sub-micro servos and Naro/Pico receivers were a real gem, in their time. Had good results with them, and never lost a plane with a Pico or Naro receiver, having around 40 of the receivers.
Jul 10, 2016, 12:38 PM
youtube.com/ShadowVFX
I had to pick this up during the recent super sale. Time to discover if there's any obvious things I need to fix or tweak to make sure this plane doesn't give me any trouble.
Jan 04, 2017, 04:40 PM

My second A-4 build

GWS A4 SKYHAWK (5 min 17 sec)

Second flight of my second A-4 build. Fuse and wings covered in Contact vinyl shelf cover. Warning: Plane has intermittent cloaking capability.
Jun 18, 2017, 02:07 AM
Living the dream
My RNZAF TA-4K is knocking on for 8 years old and has given me endless fun. At the time I got mine GWS were looking at doing an F-4 and a Do 335, but then the wheels started to fall off and they got canned.
Here's a vid shot down at my local park yesterday.

TA-4K EDF Skyhawk (2 min 26 sec)
Jun 18, 2017, 02:24 AM
Have a couple GWS A4's sitting quietly in there boxe's over in the Corner in the Que
Dec 15, 2017, 08:34 PM
check for reversed controls
I got a couple of these when Caliber was clearing out it's warehouse. Figured for 20$ couldn't pass them up. I'm looking at what I have to power it with and am deciding between a Dynam stock 75 mm 5 blade fan and motor or a HSD 75 mm 8 blade fan on a Hoffman Storm motor. I have a Castle Phoenix Ice 100 A esc so that should handle it. It'd be nice to get about 8 00 watts on 4cells and about 1200 on five. Here's my last GWS EDF the 262 it screams on gws fans cut down to 3 blades on the 50mm EDF motors
Dec 16, 2017, 10:38 AM
check for reversed controls
It took a bit of bench engineering and fabrication to get the motor shaft adapted to the HSD 75 mm fan but it seems to spin true and have equal clearance of blades to shroud so on to powering it up and watt meter this rig. You all know how important bench testing a EDF system before installing in a new model is. Gotta pull my esc out of my Dynam Me 262 and see if I have a usable fan motor rig. Because the Hoffman Storm motor and HSD fan seems heavy at 168 g. I'm going to mount it 1.5 inches forward from where the stock fan would mount

Quick Reply