Thread Tools
Feb 18, 2008, 12:51 AM
AMA 670207
Rudderman98's Avatar
Wiring for motors are SERIES/PARALLEL.

Had to edit the first pic for when I tried it, it didn't work!

Here is the new pic. Can you tell the difference? I had to get the plan for the Mars to refresh my memory on how everything gets wired. That's a lot of wires to arrange!
Last edited by Rudderman98; Feb 20, 2008 at 07:03 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2008, 01:02 AM
Fly2Build.com
scratchnhover's Avatar
Perry,

Your progress is inspiring and your work is top notch. Thanks for all of the pics. Our flaps look almost identical in design and I may opt to do a similar Robart solution like you've posted.

Glad you're obviously gaining mobility back in your wrist/hand and its great to follow your progress

Is that 14 g wire for the motors?? My wiring schematic will be the same as yours just add another of those diagrams to the mix What size battery will you be using?

Mike
Feb 18, 2008, 01:02 AM
Registered User
Sluf7's Avatar
Superb mate Superb.
Feb 18, 2008, 01:06 AM
AMA 670207
Rudderman98's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchnhover
Perry,

Your progress is inspiring and your work is top notch. Thanks for all of the pics. Our flaps look almost identical in design and I may opt to do a similar Robart solution like you've posted.

Glad you're obviously gaining mobility back in your wrist/hand and its great to follow your progress

Is that 14 g wire for the motors?? My wiring schematic will be the same as yours just add another of those diagrams to the mix What size battery will you be using?

Mike
Hey Mike,

Thanks. Yes. It is 14g from SR Batteries. Nice stuff. Battery size....um....probably a 6s. Don't know yet but I'll post it when I figure it out.

Sluf,
Glad you like it!
Thanks mate.

Perry
Feb 18, 2008, 07:36 AM
One cell short of a Pack
steve1814's Avatar
Perry,

Those softbores are nice. I have a set myself - well worth the money.

The beverly is coming along quite nicely, despite your handicap!

Cheers,
Steve
Feb 18, 2008, 08:50 AM
Student of Ivan
mountainman2442's Avatar
Perry,

Glad your arm is getting better. Wonderful progress! I'll be sure to keep your tips about mount alignment fresh in my memory...

Since there's 4 deg "down" in relationship to the wing and the wing is set with 4 deg incidence "up", that would make the thrust line at 0 deg. Just a notation...

I had noticed the wonderfully nice lightening holes you're adding and kinda wondered how you did them. Mine would have come out somewhat like the old "die-crushed" Comet kits of the 70's. Where can one obtain a set of these softbores?

John
Feb 18, 2008, 09:38 AM
One cell short of a Pack
steve1814's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman2442
I had noticed the wonderfully nice lightening holes you're adding and kinda wondered how you did them. Mine would have come out somewhat like the old "die-crushed" Comet kits of the 70's. Where can one obtain a set of these softbores?

John
John,

I got my set from here. Enjoy (and your build is looking great too!)

Cheers,
Steve
Feb 18, 2008, 03:10 PM
AMA 670207
Rudderman98's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1814
John,

I got my set from here. Enjoy (and your build is looking great too!)

Cheers,
Steve
That's the place!

Thanks John for the info regarding the incidence.
Feb 18, 2008, 03:49 PM
Registered User
Sluf7's Avatar
Me had Softbores for a while now coulpe years plus well worth the folding stuff.

What ya gonna cover her with Perry just as a matter interest.
Feb 18, 2008, 05:42 PM
AMA 670207
Rudderman98's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluf7
Me had Softbores for a while now coulpe years plus well worth the folding stuff.

What ya gonna cover her with Perry just as a matter interest.
I have lots of Doculam so I thought I would use this along with latex house paint.
Feb 19, 2008, 12:08 AM
AMA 670207
Rudderman98's Avatar
Motors up and running!
I'll fit the gearboxes and run all servos, then close her up.

Fuselage next!

Perry
Feb 19, 2008, 11:34 AM
Student of Ivan
mountainman2442's Avatar
Looking good Perry. Are you using the same method on the Bev's nacelles as you did on the Mars, that is, shaped foam?

John

Edit - Oh and I feel a bit like "Mr. Obvious" after looking at my plans where it says 0 deg on the thrust line....
Feb 19, 2008, 01:10 PM
AMA 670207
Rudderman98's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman2442
Looking good Perry. Are you using the same method on the Bev's nacelles as you did on the Mars, that is, shaped foam?

John

Edit - Oh and I feel a bit like "Mr. Obvious" after looking at my plans where it says 0 deg on the thrust line....
John,
No. I think I'll go back to old school and go with the plank on frame. The foam was easy to form and work with, but it has some shortcomings that make it a bad choice.

How you coming along??

Perry
Feb 19, 2008, 02:30 PM
Student of Ivan
mountainman2442's Avatar
What are the shortcomings of using foam? I was hoping to avoid the planking marathon...

Update should happen on my thread shortly btw.

John
Feb 19, 2008, 06:23 PM
AMA 670207
Rudderman98's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman2442
What are the shortcomings of using foam? I was hoping to avoid the planking marathon...

Update should happen on my thread shortly btw.

John
Well John,
First of all it dents easily. Then when you fiberglass it and paint it, be very careful which paints to use for if you even have the tiniest of pin holes in the fiberglass, it will leach into the foam and melt it away leaving a nice void under the fiberglass which will bubble if the model is left in the hot sun for a very short period of time.

Don't ask me how I know. IMO, it's not worth the aggrivation.

Perry


Thread Tools