Oct 19, 2007, 11:04 AM
Thread OP
Cool

End pin receivers, satellte receiver, and micro-receiver

We got our pre-production samples of our new receiver cases.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2007, 11:11 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
Looks slightly big for a satelite receiver.
Any chance of being a beta tester? I take good pictures.
Oct 19, 2007, 02:52 PM
Is there any way to have the Remote Receiver Antenna configuration on a standard 8 or 10 channel receiver?

That would enable me to use an XPS receiver in my Sharon Pro 3.7 meter sailplane.

Also, How does a satellite receiver connect to a standard receiver?
Oct 19, 2007, 02:54 PM
The reviewer
Jim, the antenna pattern of that satellite receiver won't be anything like that of a regular quarter-wave ground-plane antenna because it's laid parallel with the ground-plane.

Of course that's not such a big issue on a secondary receiver but it does mean that the normal toroid pattern will be severely distorted and there will be an impedance mis-match between the antenna and the recever/transmitter.

What you now have is effectively a half-wave dipole with a good degree of imbalance.

But you knew all that :-)
Oct 19, 2007, 03:13 PM
looks cool - i would do beta testing on the micro if you need one
Oct 19, 2007, 03:34 PM
Foam abuser!
Jim,

Any info on what you expect to retail the micro-RX for in the US? I'm dying for more 6-ch RXs, even top pins would be OK. And will the 6-ch end pin RX still be $59 when it's available again?

Pat
Oct 19, 2007, 03:41 PM
Well all I can say is thank goodness Chinese new year has passed.
Oct 19, 2007, 04:27 PM
Chillaxin dude!
end pin plastic looks good! Plus the 3ch should work well in my cars.
Oct 19, 2007, 04:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJet
Jim, the antenna pattern of that satellite receiver won't be anything like that of a regular quarter-wave ground-plane antenna because it's laid parallel with the ground-plane.

Of course that's not such a big issue on a secondary receiver but it does mean that the normal toroid pattern will be severely distorted and there will be an impedance mis-match between the antenna and the recever/transmitter.

What you now have is effectively a half-wave dipole with a good degree of imbalance.

But you knew all that :-)
We discussed this issue with MaxStream, and since these do not transmit ever with these units, and we do have a ground plane that is 90 degrees to the board, it should not be an issue if we do decide to transmit.
Oct 19, 2007, 04:59 PM
Thread OP
The 3 channel/6 channel (same unit) will be $59. The satellite receiver pricing has not yet been set.
Oct 19, 2007, 05:18 PM
Foam abuser!
Thanks Jim. Now just get them on the site for sale!

Pat
Oct 19, 2007, 06:52 PM
Thread OP
We have production plastic being made right now.
Oct 19, 2007, 06:56 PM
You can call me FANBOY!
I fly with a jet jock who has been waiting on 12 channels. End pins will probably sweeten the deal for him. Will have to let him know they are close. Looking good.
Oct 19, 2007, 07:19 PM
It's so cool, that it's HOT!
i would like to get more information about how the satellite RX will work:

1. how much does it weights without plastics?
2. how big is it without plastics ?
3. if it's like the 6ch RX with no antenna, how effective is it ?
4. how many can i connect to one main RX?
5. how is it connected to main RX, and how long the cable can be?
6. how the diversity logic works ?

finally, end pins!

thanks JD for listening.
it's a clasic case of win win situation,
jf.
Oct 19, 2007, 07:29 PM
do i see top pins for the satellite rx ?
bad..

Quick Reply