Oct 18, 2007, 07:44 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
Thread OP
New Product

E-flite Funtana 300 ARF!

Hey guys, check out the new Park 300 size E-flite Funtana 300 ARF! It looks like a winner to me! I can not wait to get one of these bad boys in my hangar(along with the new Enticiment).
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2007, 09:27 PM
Looks great. I don't know about adding the vert stabs on the wing though....
Oct 19, 2007, 10:37 AM
Justin Owen ~ MoJo Aviation
I + this and - it. It looks good, but I agree with Lota Fun R. The SFG's make it look bad.
Oct 19, 2007, 12:18 PM
This thing is sweet...I have been waiting for thunder power to start selling the insane foamies. The FG full fuse yak is on my wish list. It will be another month before thunder power will be selling their foamies. They are waiting for the packaging??? Thats important..
Oct 29, 2007, 09:19 PM
I'm Charged!
Anyone snagged one of these yet? I was wondering if the bottom of the fuse is open, or sheeted with depron.Anyone?
Oct 30, 2007, 10:13 AM
Hey guys,

The Funtana has the optional side force generators for those who want them. I personally do not use them.

The bottom of the fuse is sheeted with 3mm depron. There is a large opening on the bottom under the wing for radio and battery isntallation. Manual will beup today on the web site. You should see them by very early January.

Thanks,

John Redman
E-Flite Product Developer
Feb 03, 2008, 04:11 PM
Is anyone flying this plane? I was tempted the other day in the LHS, but wanted to see some opinions first.

-Jon
Feb 13, 2008, 09:59 AM
I put one together recently. It seems like a great plane, but I'm waiting on the elevator and rudder servos to come in (today I hope) before I can maiden it.
I should mention that this is my first indoor capable foamie, so I can't offer much by way of comparison, but I'm happy with the construction and assembly.
I did notice a couple of things though. One: It is next to impossible to attach the elevator push rod if you follow the directions. Instead of attaching the carbon supports before the push rod, put the push rod in first, or the control horn in later. The rudder is difficult, but possible to attach after the carbon support.
Second thing: I had trouble with is getting the horz stab perfectly perpendicular to the fuse. I measured from the wing tip to stab tip, but didn't use a right angle to be sure the control hinge was perfectly perpendicular to the roll axis. Mine's a bit mis-aligned. I hope a little won't cause it to corkscrew.
Feb 14, 2008, 09:27 AM
foo
foo
I have one and I like it,fits my stye of flying.Ony have a couple of trimming flights on it,but it handle a windy day better than anyother plane I have of that type.The only thing differt from the setup is I only had a tp-1320 2 cell pack to use,still came out at 8 oz.
Mar 10, 2008, 04:02 PM
Seems like this plane and thread is dead... I purchased today. I have been flying my sobre when weather permits. I am this one will fly better. My first sobre flew awesome. The second not so awesome...same gear. And I can't quite pin point the problem and I am tired of tweaking. Will build the Funtana up and report.
Mar 30, 2008, 01:08 AM
I'm still flying my Funtana and like it a lot. I don't know why there isn't much buzz about this little gem. Maybe it is just so predictable that it is boring for some? I really don't know, but it's a great everyday flyer. It handles a bit of wind fine, small spaces, indoor, backyard, and will eat up some sky if you let it. I really like it ....enough to buy another when this one has had it.
Jun 30, 2008, 11:36 PM
i am about to get my funtana 300 in a few days do you guys have any building suggestion for me i will be using the recomended setup. thanks
Sep 02, 2008, 01:07 AM
TP 1.21 Gigawatt Needed
What would be a better servo setup for this the Dymond D47 or Futana S3114

I'll be using a AR6100, Park 300 and CC 9

Thanks!
Sep 30, 2008, 09:52 AM
TP 1.21 Gigawatt Needed
Ok So I went with the Futaba Servo's

What would be the Smallest Lipo I should Use with 3114, Park 300, 6100?
I also Have a Axi 2204 Which Would Fit. Could I sue a Small 2 Cell and Get Better
Inddor Style Performance.

BTW How Come this plane doesn't get much Attention? Mine Been Slow going to launch cuase of By Busy time schedule, but this plane looks awesome and the nicest looking foamie I've ever owned. Does It not fly well or Something?
Sep 30, 2008, 06:51 PM
foo
foo
It is apattern sport plane is why there is not too much about it.I like mine a lot for sport flying.Mine is set up according to the manual on equpuite used,300,3c-730 tp,ef servos,gws rec and 8/3.8 prop.Have flown it with a tp-2c-1320 pack when I was out of 730s.

Quick Reply