Dec 06, 2002, 12:47 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Thread OP

A single thread for GWS P-51 mods and building tips

Hi, all.

Anytime a popular new plane kit is introduced on the fourm, there are several to a bunch of separate threads wherein builders document their mods and building experiences. This makes anyone looking for this information read through a lot of threads and I thought it might be nice to have it all together, so that the info would be easier to get at.

What do you think, would this work?
If it works here, maybe we could use the concept on future releases.

Chuck
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2002, 12:56 PM
Forgot how to fly

SIngle thread?

I don't see why not. It would definatly stop me from having to do a search for every thread with the work GWS P-51 in it.
Dec 06, 2002, 01:12 PM
Recommend you use the well established and informative thread started by Don Sims on this plane. Thread is GWS P51.
Dec 06, 2002, 03:33 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Thread OP
That sounds good to me. I don't care which thread it is, I just think it would be nice to have all the info on one place. I think Don's thread would be a great one for it. It's already got a lot of good information.
I suggest everyone use it.
Chuck
Dec 06, 2002, 04:37 PM
Good idea Chuck, and thanks for the info. Michael..

I'm w/ you guys. Too many threads about the same topic. I like Sal C. thread about the Mega Motor. One thread and all post a question, test and inquiries in one thread, might hard to read through all of them, but it did not hurt the thread, if one asked again, for there's always someone (body) that is willing to lend a thing or two
Dec 06, 2002, 05:46 PM
Gosh Gents, I'm honored that you all would use that one.
Thanks!
Don
Dec 06, 2002, 06:11 PM
well
i guess people all want to have their own thread.
that makes life more interesting. Think about the ezone with one thread on each plane then how many threads will we have now on ezone?
But it is nice to have threads like "throw away your speed 400"; that is great. And Sal C made it so well.
:-)
Dec 06, 2002, 09:53 PM
Tim2000,

Will I hear P-51's motor in the air this Sunday?(weather permits) Brushless? Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... Baylands are known for it... Heck let's do it. MEGA 3T
Dec 06, 2002, 10:08 PM
geno;

congratulation you got the cream of the crop at bayland... with all of your hot rods. Can I take the back seat :-)
man... can not wait to see your P51 on Sunday.

I guess the fuse of the GWS P51 is not that clean and sleek as your python so the 3t may not make the cut with that 5.5x4.5 prop... also it depends on your flying style. I would think of a 6 or 7 turn to use with a 8x6 prop for this draggy P51

Planekrazy... chim in please... I am kind of stuck here.
Dec 06, 2002, 10:32 PM
Tim2000,

Your still number one, with the one and only White lighting Zero

***I guess the fuse of the GWS P51 is not that clean and sleek as your python so the 3t may not make the cut with that 5.5x4.5 prop... also it depends on your flying style. I would think of a 6 or 7 turn to use with a 8x6 prop for this draggy P51***

I know what you mean , you won't see my GWS Mustang, I still have the Mirage.. plus, I am waiting, just waiting.

My hangar still has the Ace Simple AT-6, 2 of them, Komafun.15 conversion, Sig Skywalker conversion, ME-109, Corsair, and kasra's f-16...

I will wait, save $$$ for the right brushless, my GWS Stang will be the answer to Robie's Unlimited Vertical Zero.... V.E.R.T.I.C.A.L - Unlimited
Dec 06, 2002, 10:40 PM
geno bring your gws mustang on sunday
i want to see it... please.... thanks

also if you want to beat that unlimited vertical zero of ravi, I have a formular for you to do at least as good as his Super Zero... the only thing... the GWS p51 has a very week point is the battery tray, not enough cooling for our unlimited vertical Mustang though...

bring the p51 box on sunday OK
Last edited by Tim2000; Dec 06, 2002 at 10:49 PM.
Dec 07, 2002, 12:21 AM
"bring the p51 box on sunday OK"

I will try, I'm in the hiding it mode right now , hope you understand.

Tim,

Compuatic will bring his Stang, I will bring a note pad for sure and write things down. Thanks Tim2000, I really love how you think, you haven't failed me, overall you have considerably push me to my limits, you and SPECIALLY Merhdad. I will be spending most of the day with him tomorrow, RSA.

Tim, Python + 10cells = The prop. came shooting off twice....
Dec 07, 2002, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by genovia

Tim, Python + 10cells = The prop. came shooting off twice....
geno we should call you the MEGAMAN :-) :-)

Quick Reply