This thread is privately moderated by Dora Nine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 17, 2007, 03:06 AM
The sky is my playground.
Thread OP
Discussion

Up close and personal with a Peregrine...

The other day while waiting for my barge to discharge at an oil terminal in Edgewater, NJ (just across the Hudson River from Manhattan) I noticed a raptor hanging out on a light pole. A quick scan with some binoculars showed me that it was a Peregrine Falcon. I little info can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peregrine_Falcon It's nice to see that these birds are making a come back and are actually doing well living in cities. Turns out, living on roof tops and the sides of buildings is much like their natural nesting habitat of cliffs. Plus with no lack of food supply (pigeons) the falcons are adapting well. Here's a few pics of the bird. I managed to get pretty close before the bird flew off. Enjoy.
Last edited by Dora Nine; Oct 19, 2007 at 04:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2009, 01:53 AM
Gabby Whoo Me?

Falcon

I looked up the falcon in my Stokes field Guide to Birds. They only note the females are larger than the males, apparently no difference in markings. Those were good shots on the light post.
How goes the Tug Boating.
Gabby aka CrashnBurn
Mar 01, 2009, 02:09 AM
The sky is my playground.
Thread OP
Thanks checking that out for me. I'm sorry I didn't see you post sooner.

Quick Reply