Oct 16, 2007, 09:39 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
Thread OP
Help!

Bagged wing tips for Icon center panel?

I'm looking for a winter project. I have a new Icon center panel and I'd like to bag some tips. I'd like the tips to be a Drela style tip. Basically an Icon center panel with Supra tips. Anyone know where I can find someone to cut the cores? BTW, I'm going to use an AVA style fuse. What will I call it? Supraiconava!

Thanks,
Jim
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2007, 08:51 PM
Zor
Zor
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch-Air
I'm looking for a winter project. I have a new Icon center panel and I'd like to bag some tips. I'd like the tips to be a Drela style tip. Basically an Icon center panel with Supra tips. Anyone know where I can find someone to cut the cores? BTW, I'm going to use an AVA style fuse. What will I call it? Supraiconava!

Thanks,
Jim
Catch-Air,

I notice you did not get any response to your post.

I have no idea what you refer to as "an Icon center panel" nor a "Drela style tip" or "Supra tips".

Sorry I cannot help so why did I post.
I did to alert you that perhaps I am not alone wondering what you are talking about.

Regards de

Zor
Oct 18, 2007, 11:12 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
Thread OP
Good point!

I couldn't decide if I should post this here or in the sailplane forum. The Icon is a molded sailplane made in the US. I have an extra center panel and I wanted to build some bagged tips with Dr. Drela (designer) airfoil. The Supra is a molded sailplane that uses the Drela airfoil. What I need is someone that can cut some wing tip cores that have an Icon Root and a Drela tip.

jsf
Oct 19, 2007, 02:56 PM
Zor
Zor
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch-Air
Good point!

What I need is someone that can cut some wing tip cores that have an Icon Root and a Drela tip.

jsf
Hi Catch-Air,

Thanks for the explanations. I wish I could help. Sorry I cannot but I now understand what you are talking about.

Good luck and best regards de

Zor

Quick Reply