Dec 31, 2002, 12:59 AM
good looking model - I would lose it in the sky after about 20-30ft away - lol. gray planes and my eyes don't mix well in the overcast sky.

Looks very small too.

Good luck - I hope it flies as good as it looks!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2002, 02:56 AM
It wasn't me...
Quote:
Originally posted by Plane Crazy
I was going to start a new thread on this, but this is where the Bird of Prey stuff is. Sorry Mark.
Looks very cool, Gordon. Be careful. Keep it close and never take your eyes off it while in flight. I'm sure they call it a stealth aircraft for a reason.

Dan
Dec 31, 2002, 03:39 AM
Go Gordon, go! Thanks for dialing in the CG for us who will soon try the same. Great looking tester.
Steve
Dec 31, 2002, 08:01 AM
Looks great Gordon!!! Be sure and video tape it.

Now about that logo
<---------see avatar (you've got mail)
Dec 31, 2002, 08:47 AM
Thread OP
Nice Gordon!

You guys who have blue skies 360 out of 365 can live with flying the camo gray models. Hhhmmm, maybe it's time to move

Good luck - look forward to hearing about the results!

Happy New Year to all - may 2003 be a great and wonderful year for all of us!

Fly Fast! Mark
Dec 31, 2002, 10:52 AM
Flying Welder Pilot
Thanks guys.

Thanks Kevin for the Phantom works logo. I reworked it in Adobe Illustrator if anybody needs the scalable art. I also have the Boeing logo in illustrator format. Here is a JPG of the Phantomworks logo.

Gordon
Dec 31, 2002, 10:58 AM
Flying Welder Pilot
You bet this thing seems small. Especially with how little wing you get to see from a distance. Flying close in will be a necessity. This plane has the same OAL as Kevins F35 and that specs out fast just watching his video.

I spent a day wondering if I should try to do the Microfan conversion on this chuck glider. But the intake and exhaust were just too small and the AUW would have been close to 16 oz, alittle too scary for me. So when you guys start scaling for EDF, scale it for the intake and exhaust. The plane will be fairly large.

Gordon
Dec 31, 2002, 01:52 PM
Purple power
Sweet! nice job as usual Gordon........gregg
Dec 31, 2002, 03:58 PM
Man, love that side view! While your model is about the same OAL....you have those nice dissimilar colors going for you . The grays are only bad during overcast days. On sunny days it is actually very easy to see, and I wear glasses

BTW, please send me the Boeing logo .
Dec 31, 2002, 07:35 PM
Beautiful job and a beautiful subject. I'm sure you could get a job at Boeing any time you wanted it.
Jan 01, 2003, 12:39 PM
Official Boat Bum
That's what I'm talkin' about! Aren't you a clever little devil? Bring it out to the fun fly today!
Jan 01, 2003, 03:10 PM
shut up & fly
you're unstoppable Gordon !

very nice BTW what paint do you use to go over the foam the finish looks so smooth.
Jan 01, 2003, 07:09 PM
Flying Welder Pilot

IS THIS A NEAT PICTURE OR WHAT???

After spending most of the night and morning trying to get the BOP in flying order with a well worn speed 300 that needed some help to get back into running condition, along with making an extended prop drive shaft and bearing, things finally came together.

The picture below was about the only peaceful moment of the flight. When no control inputs were used. But touch those sticks and the flight looks more like the shape of the antenna streaming off the back.

It will take me a while to figure out what needs to be changed. Aileron travel definitely has to be cut waaaaaaaay down along with the elevator throw. The CG needs to move a little, not sure which way yet.

The easiest way to put the end results is, The BOP is still in flyable shape almost ready to go thru another round of heart pounding "Oh My God, what's this thing going to do next" excitement.

Gordon
Last edited by Plane Crazy; Jan 02, 2003 at 12:12 AM.
Jan 01, 2003, 07:25 PM
Purple power
you're half way there!!!!!!!! nice inlight pic ...........gregg
Jan 01, 2003, 09:07 PM
Congrats Gordon! Great picture too!

Quick Reply