I've always wanted one of these - RC Groups
Oct 11, 2007, 09:38 PM
Will fly for food
Discussion

I've always wanted one of these

Picked this up from Bob at Visalia last weekend. Ever since I saw the finger hole I've wanted one. The raw airframe weighed in at 10.5 oz. I'm thinking I want to try the new HS 45 HB servo's for the ailerons and a HS 65 HB in the fuse for elevator. I'm really looking forward to building the V-Tail links and rods NOT
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2007, 09:41 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
I have wanted one of these for a long while now.... I really like the idea of flying in the slightest breeze...

Nice Bat.

JOe
Oct 11, 2007, 10:10 PM
Hey you owe me a new monitor screen I tried to kill that bug .
Oct 12, 2007, 12:06 AM
Will fly for food
I'm really excited to find out how well I can throw this ship. I was a pitcher in High School and I can still huck things. I had a Mini Speed wing w/o motor and set up as a sloper. Flew great. I added a wood crutch underneath so I could grab it with my ring finger and thumb. My index and middle finger were on a reinforced section of the trailing edge between the elevons. I could huck this wing. I could easlily let it go 300+ feet out and turn it around and get a hand catch on the way back. I just love hucking ships! Last weekend I watched JW walk out onto the grass at the Visalia field and really (no kidding) I mean really huck his Supra. It was spec'ed out in less than 5 min. He used a javilan throw technique modified to the weight and wing of the supra. Looked very effective.
Oct 22, 2007, 07:45 PM
Will fly for food
Well I got the first flights in on the BAT. The decalage or incident is way off. I need to shim the v-tail qute a bit. I just wonder if I'm going to be able to unglue the v-tail from the boom. I used goop so I may be able to, I just hope I don't break the weak boom in doing so. I also found out that 25 mph winds are TOO MUCH for the bat.
Oct 22, 2007, 09:33 PM
Yes, ALL your money...
A little toluene & gentle Xacto will help.