This thread is privately moderated by The Judge, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 02, 2007, 06:53 PM
Trader Rating: 329
Thanks for the comment!
It's a scratch-built Depron version of the Robbie Gemini. It makes a great platform for my Video camera as well.

Hey Judge,
The other order arrived today! I really like the idea of bein' able to custom cut the truquoise and you're right, it's brighter than the yellow.

Do ya have anymore of them on hand? I need ( or want ) some more of the turquoise.

Thanks,
Xwingnut
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2007, 07:27 PM
Trader Rating: 99
The turquoise is still in stock as is the yellow
Nov 02, 2007, 07:48 PM
Trader Rating: 110
allthingsthatfly.com
O rub it in! Still no glow for Burke.
Eh, maybe Saturday.
Nov 03, 2007, 07:06 PM
Trader Rating: 0
add lightness
Hmm, any of the green tape left?
I just asked about the yellow wire in another thread, but I just found this monster thread with much more info.
looking to light up my Zagi
Nov 03, 2007, 07:46 PM
Trader Rating: 103
Not your average DiggsyBear
Posted this on the SS thread, but thought I would post it here too since The Judge hooked me up with the Wire and tape I used.

Has anyone tried 4 connections to one inverter? I didn't see it mentioned. JGF might of tried it, but never posted #'s on the results. I have a yellow and purple wire, and a red and green tape. Would like to just use one inverter but.... Dunno if it will work.

here is what she looks like at the moment. Not done yet, still gotta finish up attaching batts and wiring and hooking up the servo leads, but she is very close!

Diggs
Nov 03, 2007, 08:01 PM
Looks cool, Diggs.
Bring on the night!!

Sent ya some more funds, Judge.
Thanks,
Xwingnut
Nov 03, 2007, 08:07 PM
Got it, Thanks!
Nov 03, 2007, 09:59 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
Got my lights today! I just hope I can make it look as sexy as Diggs did..
Thats tight man!
Nov 04, 2007, 12:02 AM
Trader Rating: 103
Not your average DiggsyBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwingnut
Bring on the night!!
Xwingnut
That's and AC/DC quote

Diggs
Nov 04, 2007, 01:03 AM
allthingsthatfly.com
I tested out the yellow wire on a 3s. While watching the yellow light, I plug in the green tape. The Yellow light dips in brightness @ 50%. Watching the green tape and plugging/un-plugging the yellow wire, the green dosn't dip in brightness.. really.

So I assume putting on 3 (2 wires, 1 tape) onto the same inverter is REALLY going to drain the brightness... ?
Nov 04, 2007, 05:16 AM
Just for the heck of it.... try the other inverter
Nov 04, 2007, 09:55 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that two strands is all each inverter can handle.

I can run two wires on one side of the inverted or one on each side and they look fine, but plug in that third wire and the brightness is noticably less on the first 2 wires. This is with 12volts as the power source.

Seems to work that way with four of the inverters that I've tried. The nice thing is that each inverter weighs only .8oz by the time I've finished removing the excess wire and case tabs so the brightness gained from adding a second one outwieghs the downfall of the added extra .8oz.

Are you runnin' more than two glow wires on one inverter, Judge?

Personally, I like the cannons with the wire that way I don't need to depend on just the glow wire thus not so many inverters are required.

Speakin' of Cannons...I gave all my extra ones away....got any more that ya can add to my recent order....Please ??
Lmk, Judge and I'll send ya some more moula today. No need for your PayUpPal addy....I got it memorized .

Xwingnut
Nov 04, 2007, 12:08 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge
Just for the heck of it.... try the other inverter
Tried 2 inverters and 2 lipos.
Now I am testing this will the lights on in my room, but it really drops when I plug in a second strand. So why am I the only one to mention this or notice? Maybe thats normal and people just plug in 2-3 strands all at once and go. Then when it's really dark, they are still bright.. I'll check it out.

Yellow on first - then turq wire - yellow dips 50%
Yellow on first - then green tape - yellow dips 50%
Turq on first, then yellow wire - turq almost stays the same (yellow is low though)
Turq on first - then green tape - turq dips 50%

Thanks man.

** edit**
Ok, tried with the 3rd inverter. Now this inverter looks much different that the two others. This one is square and about the size of a Gy401. This time they seem to hold fine when plugging in a second strand.. weird. I think I'll use this little brick instead of the rectangle ones.
**edit** edit**
Ok, hooked up 3 lights to the one square inverter - wow. Hardly any draw upon plugging in the 3rd light. Nice.
Last edited by GFBurke; Nov 04, 2007 at 01:38 PM.
Nov 04, 2007, 04:58 PM
The small inverter is actualy for the turquoise wires, so if it seems to provide enough power go with that one. I do have more blue LED Cannons left as well as yellow and turquoise wires.
Nov 04, 2007, 06:01 PM
Trader Rating: 57
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Hey Judge, got my glow wire and stuff yesterday. I put it on one of my planes this evening and went out and did some flying. Works great! Thanks a bunch too!

Laine.