Texalium Sporter DLG Pods - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by sporter, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 10, 2007, 04:02 PM
Trader Rating: 45
Come out swinging
Sold

Texalium Sporter DLG Pods

From the maker of the famous Carbon Fiber Servo Covers (me), I have two Texalium DLG pods for sale. One is silver cloth and the other is red, but shows like candy apple pink. These are the new pods with snap-on canopy and rear section. These are $75 each, but does not include the pylon material. Pylon material, wing insert material, and screws are an additional $10. I will sell these individually or together. The pink pod isn't perfect, but since red texalium is so rare, it costs the same as the silver pod. These are limited edition pods, one of a kind, nobody is doing pods like these!

Blue pod pictured not for sale, for reference only.

These are designed for a pylon mount system, like the SuperGeeII pod. The end fits into an Allegro DLG Boom (PoleCat). The lay-up is 1-layer of 5.6oz Texalium and 1-layer of carbon braided sleave on the lower half (for the hybrid pod). The total weight of each pod is about 25g. Boom not included.

In order to finish this, buy an Allegro DLG boom, some #20 Teflon housing, and two 30 thousanths pushrods (or use piano wire). I have done pull-pull also. Drill a hole in the boom, and in the fuse, set the posts, line-up the posts and epoxy the posts to the desired height, epoxy the back half on, and set the acceptor sleaves in the wing. Check the SGII plans. I'll include a photo instruction document.

If you want one or both of these, e-mail me at saporter@mactec.com

PayPal prefered.

Sean
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2007, 03:53 PM
Come out swinging
Silver is SOLD.

Sean
Oct 11, 2007, 06:05 PM
Come out swinging