Sep 09, 2001, 08:35 PM
TeamTP,Minicopter,Spartan
Thread OP

shuttle zx conversion to ep

is this the way you hook the batteries up? and also what kind of motor do you think I should use? thanks Tony

to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2001, 08:55 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
Tony, I left the leads on my 10 cell packs intact and did the series connection on the heli.
That is on my Hawk with 20 cells.
Sep 09, 2001, 09:02 PM
Thread OP
thats cool , then if I went to 10 cells on my voyager then I could use the batteries there too hu? could you explan how you did the hook up in series thanks Tony
Sep 09, 2001, 09:18 PM
Brushless motor is the way to go. Mucho power and not much worry about heat buildup. But this is quite expensive. Plan on spending 300+ mazuma for a good brushless setup.
Sep 09, 2001, 09:41 PM
Thread OP
hey , but if I set it up right , like real lite I will have a nice heli hu? next will be my F1-60 carbon conversion , I wonder how many cells and motor you would have to use on the 60 size ? and I have a quick 30 that I might convert too , I just dont like gas here in Alaska , to damn cold , I can fly indoors , but just cant do much in our gym here at work , Tony

[This message has been edited by misskimo (edited 09-09-2001).]
Sep 09, 2001, 09:43 PM
Very simple Tony (the explination, not you! )

From the 2 power leads from the controller on the heli, you connect the + to 1 connector and the - to the other connector. Then run a jumper from the + to the - on the 2 connectors. Instant series connection!
Sep 09, 2001, 09:45 PM
30 cells for the 60 bird.
Sep 09, 2001, 09:46 PM
Thread OP
thanks got to go to work Tony

Quick Reply