Oct 09, 2007, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyHeli
your comments are both letigious and unfounded. I advise you to take this offline, if you are even remotely pursuing any actions.

AT claimed in the beginning to not have ANY affiliation with the factory where KP packs came from. I can find ALL the posts where Barry said this. (im sure they will get edited now) Then AT claimed they did acquire cells from the same factory. Why do you folks believe in playing shadow games? Your arguement should be with KP, not Ready Heli. We are a dealer. Not a manufacturer. The information I have seen from Kong Power strongly suggests your comments, website note, and such are unfounded...why get ugly? The market is big enough for MANY battery brands.

Good customer service prevails in the end, i believe.

Last edited by blade strike; Oct 13, 2007 at 11:04 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2007, 09:12 PM
Ohh Snapp!
Blade, why do you care so much?

More battery manufacturers = competition = lower prices.

A-OK with me.

Is Air Thunder, Barry Hu? Didn't he make Apex lipos? Didn't those puff a TON? lol (little yellow 15C packs)

I wonder why the big guns aren't selling this "new chemistry"?

By the way, if the included free charger was a CellPro I'd be all over it! Not a fan of the DN. Still a good deal (if the packs last).
Oct 09, 2007, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchmyCorsair
Blade, why do you care so much?

More battery manufacturers = competition = lower prices.

A-OK with me.

Is Air Thunder, Barry Hu? Didn't he make Apex lipos? Didn't those puff a TON? lol (little yellow 15C packs)

I wonder why the big guns aren't selling this "new chemistry"?
I really dont...
Last edited by blade strike; Oct 13, 2007 at 11:03 AM.
Oct 09, 2007, 09:20 PM
Only electrons, Martha
Well,

Guess what happens if I don't like my Kong Packs or something goes awry with the freebie charger? I've been doing business with ReadyHeli for the better part of two years now and like other vendors have no problem whatsoever giving him some of my hard earned money in return for some decent product.

If I have problems with any of it, I know it'll get addressed in short order.

Ken, its okay for there to be competition in the pack market... all the other pack makers basically share the same cells.... I don't understand why it should be any different for these two brands.

If I were to put in a parts order over at RC-TEK for some Sky Shark parts, I wouldn't have a problem at all picking up a set of ATs. I mean c'mon... I've got Polyquest, Apex (suck), Kokam, ThunderTiger, FlightPower, and now Kong Power packs. By the looks of things I'll also have some Air Thunder packs in the not too distant future.

You want to know who made them first? I know exactly who did. It was a grossly underpaid Asian assembly line worker putting in 12 hour shifts 7 days a week to feed his family. That's the guy who found these cells first!

Shell
Oct 09, 2007, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellDude
Well,

Guess what happens if I don't like my Kong Packs or something goes awry with the freebie charger? I've been doing business with ReadyHeli for the better part of two years now and like other vendors have no problem whatsoever giving him some of my hard earned money in return for some decent product.

If I have problems with any of it, I know it'll get addressed in short order.

Ken, its okay for their to be competition in the pack market... all the other pack makers basically share the same cells.... I don't understand why it should be any different for these two brands.

If I were to put in a parts order over at RC-TEK for some Sky Shark parts, I wouldn't have a problem at all picking up a set of ATs. I mean c'mon... I've got Polyquest, Apex (suck), Kokam, ThunderTiger, FlightPower, and now Kong Power packs. By the looks of things I'll also have some Air Thunder packs in the not too distant future.

You want to know who made them first? I know exactly who did. It was a grossly underpaid Asian assembly line worker putting in 12 hour shifts 7 days a week to feed his family. That's the guy who found these cells first!

Shell
100% correct shell.... but why would john make such a comment then
Last edited by blade strike; Oct 13, 2007 at 11:00 AM.
Oct 09, 2007, 09:31 PM
Only electrons, Martha
I'm going to stay out of the politics of it... I get enough of politics at work. This is my hobby and however they go about competing for a portion of the market segment is their um, hell, it's their marketing plan, and so long as it doesn't slander or outright misrepresent the competion, it's basically a free-market enterprise in action.

There's a product lifecycle at work too. These packs won't be around for more than a year or so and then we'll be buying something else... that goes for Kong, AT, and all others.
Oct 09, 2007, 09:38 PM
i have to agree with shelldude, i saw the puff proof technology packs, i dont know if it was AT or kongs. went on readyheli.com, saw the same ones, gave them a shot, and they have been great to me since and im not being biased about it at all. no one pays me, i dont get anything, and i paid for these packs.

as a flier, i want what keeps me in the air longer, i want what lasts me longer, more for my money, and they have to have power. for $69, thats cheap, and what i like most is they charge fast, in about 30 minutes im done and its ready to go again. cheap, powerful, fast charge, longer airtime, supposedly longer longevity, thats what i was reading, and thats exactly how i feel about them as well.

haven't tried an AT yet, no one at my local fields have them

all in a weekend days fun of flying....
Oct 09, 2007, 09:39 PM
heli on the brain
whatever the case is, it really doesnt matter. what matters is performance and value. i was thinking about getting some more FP's or trying out some AT's but saw this and couldnt pass it up. a good deal is a good deal and besides, im a flyer not a politician, thank god.
Oct 09, 2007, 09:59 PM
Bunch of KOOKS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
remember I am a network/systems engineer... been doing this for over 10yrs now
Listen guy... Stick to your day job! You ruin 99% of the threads you enter. Are you here to share info or to bicker? Or wait, your here to help peddal those knock off helis.
Thanks RH for the heads up on the great deal!
Oct 09, 2007, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stembridge
Listen guy... Stick to your day job! You ruin 99% of the threads you enter. Are you here to share info or to bicker? Or wait, your here to help peddal those knock off helis.
Thanks RH for the heads up on the great deal!
He's a troll and it seems he's a cheerleader for rc-tek who has some kind of affiliation with air thunder. Just ignore him.

If I order 4 packs do I get two chargers? I added it to my cart and it shows two chargers.
Oct 09, 2007, 10:20 PM
Eat.Sleep.3D.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by theShark
If I order 4 packs do I get two chargers? I added it to my cart and it shows two chargers.
of course!
Oct 09, 2007, 10:32 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Some conflicting information on the linked page:
Quote:
Stands overdischarging without inflation or damage.
Best performace if voltage is above 6.6V (2.2V/Cell).
Using a Timer is recommended to extend the life of the battery.
Quote:
4. Do not severely over discharge the battery, or it could be damaged. The discharge limit is 2.5V per cell.
Or is the first loaded voltage, and the second resting?

Pat MacKenzie
Oct 09, 2007, 10:36 PM
LOL Ken's at it again ;x
Oct 09, 2007, 10:47 PM
pat, just some friendly and general information

i can stand behind this when i say you can fly comfortably without a timer your helicopter until you have a hard time keeping it in air. i did this once as a test to see how far these batteries could go, would they puff, etc...but anyway, when i flew till i could barely control the helicopter, i had still left in the pack about 10.5V. rest assured, 6.6v will never be reached unless you intentinoally hold full throttle till the blades go no more. the technology is great for fast charging and fast discharge (3d flying) which is what i use it for and love about it. great for beginners also, who dont want to puff a 80 lipo on their first flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
Some conflicting information on the linked page:
Or is the first loaded voltage, and the second resting?
Pat MacKenzie
Oct 09, 2007, 10:47 PM
inconceivable
I went on the posters website and asked a shipping question and noticed some other stuff too,

who is that blade dude troller?

Put it this way when Ali Machinsky of www.alshobbies.com sells kong stuff to finance topgun challenges and get best jet flight trophy is he a conman?

Maggie.
Last edited by margaret.roberts; Oct 10, 2007 at 10:47 AM.

Quick Reply