Sep 07, 2001, 02:47 PM
Thread OP

Anybody got knowledge of the graupner 46 and 60 size electric helis

I am looking to get another good sized machine (i am running a logo 20) and obviously it needs to compare favourably with the quality of the Logo.

I understand that the 60 size Graupner is based on their uni-expert-mechanics system but it is difficult to find much "official" info. What is the general opinion of Graupner machines and in particular their uni-expert-mechanics.

Are there any other machines in the 46 to 60 size that peolple would recomend me to check out.

I am also quite interested in getting something allong the lines of a Voyager or Eco8 or Concept perhaps i should wait for the Logo 10. Is their one particular machine in this sort of size that stands out as the best, by the way I do like to "trick out" my machines so availability of nice upgrades is also of great interest.

Looking forward to your info TIA

Nigel
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2001, 02:53 PM
I would recommend the Voyager. The logo 10 will be a mini heli I believe. The Voyager will probably outperform the logo 10.
Sep 07, 2001, 03:47 PM
I'd be interested in comments on the graupner mechanics as well. They seem to be VERY reasonably priced @ Hollein, around 1/2 of the equivalent Logo machines but there may be some catch - other parts you need to buy?

As for the Voyager / Eco 8 / Logo 10 question, this is somewhat tongue in cheek but not all that much . Nobody has seen the Logo 10 so who knows about that one. I have a voyager I'm happy with in stock form. OK, I did eventually get the Carbon frame upgrade but other than that, blades, and the obligatory brushless motor system it is stock. Flies very well but an Eco will out do it duration wise and aerobatic performance wise I think with the right upgrades. The two heli's do fly differently though, the Voyager is more stable in a hover and at my level of flying I can throw it around with more confidence. For an expert maybe the Eco is better.

So, the somewhat tongue in cheek Eco recommendation. DON'T BUY THE KIT . You need the autorotation gear upgrade, hard shafts, metal tail rotor pitch slider and metal swash as a minimum. If you like to upgrade your heli eventually then get all the other aluminum parts - motor plate, carbon frames, carbon boom, alumininum bell hiller arms and pitch arms, metal head, carbon fins, glass blades, pinion to fit your brushless motor, aftermarket aluminum tali rotor belt pulleys. After getting all that there is very little of the original kit left - some screws and balls, a few 2 inch lengths of threaded rod, the main shaft bearings and bearing mounting plates and the plastic pieces to mount the tail boom and keep the swash from rotating - that is about it! Oh, landing gear and gyro platform as well.
Sep 08, 2001, 06:25 PM
I have the Graupner 46 size heli and it is relly sweet. Much bigger and stronger than any electric I have seen. The heli comes with everything you will need and there are not to many upgrades to buy. I have had mine for almost a year now and have found nothinig I need to buy except glass blades.
As far as scale bodys for the 46 you are very limited. The 60 size machine is a real sweet heart a friend of mine has one on 30 cells and a Bell 230 with retracts. He is getting 9+ mins at almost 14 lb. I am getting 12 mins with my 46 machine on twentyfour 2400s But I really want a scale body for it and parts are a bit hard to get in the USA. Maybe over there in the UK it will be easier. As a mater of fact my friend with the 60 size Bell got all his stuff from Rotors and Motors in the UK. I have an ECO 8 and love the way it flys too. I have seen Chris Trues Voyager and its neat also. I have not seen a logo just yet but I here they hold there own. Good luck with what ever you do.
Capt. Dave
Sep 08, 2001, 06:58 PM
-Flight enthusiast_
Elelctricman,
"The logo 10 will be a mini heli I believe."

Whatever a mini is.... The LOGO 10 will be a bit bigger than the Voyager with an 1150mm rotor diameter versus 950 (MS blades) on the Voyager.

"The Voyager will probably outperform the logo 10"

Sure, keep on believing that one

I was very surprised when a friend showed me a Graupner 45 that he's purchased - the head mechanics (Heim) were identical to the LOGO 20's

There is a Jet Ranger fuselage for the LOGO 20/24 coming soon from Mikado.

Cheers!

Glen
Sep 09, 2001, 01:30 PM
Thread OP
Most interesting guys. It is motors + rotors that I was going to get the heim helis from i am thinking of going for the 60 size (its the only one they have in stock). Can anyone advise me as to what motor to use with this machine -- would a Kontronik Tango 45-06 do the job or do I need something bigger (i have a spare 45-06).

Glen it is odd how many parts of the Logo are similar to various other helis--in particular Vario parts seem to fit pretty well and look as good as identical.

I shall go and check out motors and rotors on Teusday or wednesday and i am sure i will come away with something.

Meanwhile if anyone can think of anything else that i should think about or be aware of I would be most gratefull.

TIA nigel

Quick Reply