Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by RobinBennett, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 08, 2007, 04:50 PM
Sussex, UK
Discussion

Stuff I've done in the last couple of years

It all started here, with my Slow Stick and the local park.
This was after I converted it to Ailerons.

About a month later I upgraded to a SuperFlea

After I joined CADMAC I started buildnig foamies. Here's my Insulator

And a rather dodgy, overweight F14

A more conventional plane, experimenting with off-cuts of blue foam

Winter 2004
A rather fragile depron ultimate biplane, for indoor flying

My first attempt at a sub-ounce micro plane for the Micro forum Christmas competition.

A rather better, lighter biplane, also for indoor flying.

A depron VTO/IFO - capable of very slow flight, ideal for the small hall the club uses.

Mostly I flew a 3DX at the indoor sessions. It flew very nicely but needed a new nose every few months...

I build this to learn to hover in my garage - and broke a lot of props in the process.

Then I discovered EPP, this was made from some black stuff, before I sourced the good stuff. I never got the all-moving tail working properly.

I even tried a HydroFoam, although there's no water at my field...

Depron Dave's profile F15, in EPP - I must try a bigger version of this one day...

My depron seagull - this took a while to get the CG far enough forward, but flew surprisingly well.

Winter 2005 - the indoor season.
An EPP pizzabox - great for small spaces but very limited knife-edge ability

A more conventional design

My first flying wing - 28", cdrom power

A ToonRacer for the Christmas 2005 micro competion

My christmas present - a Falcon Wannabe with a larger tail - a great little plane, but no 3D flier!

Another attempt at an F14

My SuperFlea gets a new lease of life with a CDROM motor

A HarpyCat

My slowstick converted to a glider (hot wire cut EPS wing, covered in packing tape)

cdrom powered mini racer

A 40" EPP 3D plane

GWS spitfire (must get a better photo!)

A 28" mini 3D plane, a great indoor flyer

A 40" EPP Zagnutz, originally build as a buddy-box trainer, but turned into my faithful, any weather

The Zagnutz as my night flying plane, with glow wire.

Winter 2006
A hovercraft - great on a gym floor!

My Falcon gear went into an 18" biplane

A wing I build for a club mate, the colours look great in the air - I must do one for myself!

DR. H. of Superfly sent me a free plane so I could try this rudder mod - it was great - far more control at really low speeds.

A ComBAT - an indoor machine that isn't afraid to crash, and can take off inverted.

My HoneyBee FP attempting to fly inverted. This wasn't a success but the HBFP is a lovely machine and taught me to fly helis.

Aerial photography from an EasyStar

My Compy300 micro heli

Vectored thrust MIG29
Last edited by RobinBennett; Feb 10, 2008 at 03:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2016, 03:30 AM
The Flying Ants
Hi Robbin. Do you happen to know where can I get the plane for the depron ultimate biplane?