Toll Free USA/Canada Support > 1-800-607-5803 - Page 6 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Anthony Hand, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 09, 2012, 05:48 PM
Space Coast USA
hoppy's Avatar
After emailing Mr Hand asking why they had an 800# listed that hasn't been answered in 4 years, I see the 800 # is now being answered.
Doesn't connect you to a HK person, just directs you to use the Live Support option on their web site.
Better than a number that doesn't answer..................
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2012, 05:59 PM
BRUTUS2238
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Profanity). It is temporarily hidden while BRUTUS2238 edits it.
Jul 30, 2012, 01:32 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Hand
Our new toll-free USA support number;
1-800-607-5803

For other countries, please click here:
http://www.hobbycity.com/UNITEDHOBBI..._contactUs.asp
This phone number doesn't work. I tried it.
Last edited by valanti256; Aug 11, 2012 at 01:27 AM.
Jan 25, 2013, 11:25 AM
Registered User
I can't figure out hobbyking. Every time I purchase, they request something crazy. Two weeks after the order, I write to find out status, and even though the money was permanently withdrawn from my account one week earlier they want my credit card image. Then 2-3 days later after I scan and e-mail image; the only chat response is they still want the image. Chat line conversations make no logical sense, they go on about sending image again, wait another 48 hours, send the payment AGAIN via paypal, then they'll delete order, and ship. Ten minutes on waiting chat for response each time. I've traveled to HK and through-out mainland China, from San Francisco it only takes 10 hrs and you can catch a flight anytime. I am up to 15 emails and one hour in chat conversations, something doesn't make sense. Advice: never pay VISA; use paypal, I think they can manage it better. Also you are SOL if you use po box for billing and home address for shipping. I also don't think refunds on lost orders are possible.
Mar 24, 2013, 04:07 AM
Registered User

Thank you


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Hand
Our new toll-free USA support number;
1-800-607-5803

For other countries, please click here:
http://www.hobbycity.com/UNITEDHOBBI..._contactUs.asp
I don't know how you got this but, I couldn't get the 24hr online help to give me this number... thank you very much
Mar 24, 2013, 04:09 AM
Registered User
Yeah, There customer service Sucks Ass Bad... but I guess thats the price you have to pay if you want inexpensive hobby parts... I have yet to find anyone close to their prices. If anyone knows of someone please fill me in... I hate Hobby King... but damn those prices
Apr 04, 2013, 11:58 AM
master of the universe
captaingeek's Avatar
this number does nothing, there's no answer its a joke.
Apr 23, 2013, 09:50 PM
Registered User
Well it looks like HK service and support is non existent. And after trying many times to get an answer with no help from HK ill try posting here and see if Mr, Hand actually gives a sh*t or not since he seams to be the moderator of this forum.
here is a quote in a nut shell for an issue i am having with hobbyking....

"...What is the problem? Why can I not get a response or answer to this issue???? I have spent hundreds of dollars to upgrade my Sig Hog to electric...a plane that took months to build. And now I cant fly it because I cant charge the battery due to the fact YOU WONT TELL ME IF I CAN BUY NEW LEADS FOR THE CHARGER!!!! I have written you several times and only received one response... I have contacted live online support only to sit and wait 20 minutes for them to respond and still NOTHING! I Update my requests and I am trying to be patient but at 19 days for only 1 response from you is totally unacceptable. Here is a copy of one of the email I have sent you...

" I'm sorry but that will not work. Maybe I was not clear... the eco 6-10 charger comes with about 6 separate leads... these 4inch electrical cords have a connector for the charger on one end and a connector to a battery on the other. I am missing some of these electrical leads. I need a replacement pack of them from the manufacturer of the charger. Otherwise the charger is useless to me because I can not connect it to the battery I need to charge. Where can I get a replacement set of these? Or can I get the contact information of the manufacturer so I may call them myself and get them directly. If you can not help then please escalate this to tier 3 support please..."

At this point I am ready to trash the charger and shop with Tower hobbies since you cant even respond to these "requests"

simple question:
CAN I GET A REPLACEMENT SET OF CONNECTORS OR NOT???

simple solution:
Open a box and send me a replacement set... I will be happy to buy them If I can just get a simple RESPONSE..

I would also ask if any one knows how I may get replacement set of the connectors please let me know.
Thanks much
Apr 23, 2013, 10:53 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansteel
Well it looks like HK service and support is non existent. And after trying many times to get an answer with no help from HK ill try posting here and see if Mr, Hand actually gives a sh*t or not since he seams to be the moderator of this forum.
here is a quote in a nut shell for an issue i am having with hobbyking....

"...What is the problem? Why can I not get a response or answer to this issue???? I have spent hundreds of dollars to upgrade my Sig Hog to electric...a plane that took months to build. And now I cant fly it because I cant charge the battery due to the fact YOU WONT TELL ME IF I CAN BUY NEW LEADS FOR THE CHARGER!!!! I have written you several times and only received one response... I have contacted live online support only to sit and wait 20 minutes for them to respond and still NOTHING! I Update my requests and I am trying to be patient but at 19 days for only 1 response from you is totally unacceptable. Here is a copy of one of the email I have sent you...

" I'm sorry but that will not work. Maybe I was not clear... the eco 6-10 charger comes with about 6 separate leads... these 4inch electrical cords have a connector for the charger on one end and a connector to a battery on the other. I am missing some of these electrical leads. I need a replacement pack of them from the manufacturer of the charger. Otherwise the charger is useless to me because I can not connect it to the battery I need to charge. Where can I get a replacement set of these? Or can I get the contact information of the manufacturer so I may call them myself and get them directly. If you can not help then please escalate this to tier 3 support please..."

At this point I am ready to trash the charger and shop with Tower hobbies since you cant even respond to these "requests"

simple question:
CAN I GET A REPLACEMENT SET OF CONNECTORS OR NOT???

simple solution:
Open a box and send me a replacement set... I will be happy to buy them If I can just get a simple RESPONSE..

I would also ask if any one knows how I may get replacement set of the connectors please let me know.
Thanks much

Fist post, and chock full o' information. You do realize you posted in a thread that was opened 5 year ago, and the OP hasn't been here since 2010? There are a bunch of better places to go to get your problem resolved rather than here, but here you are, so let's try to help.

Although it might seem like it's pretty easy to open up a box and pull a part out for you, that's not really realistic. What do they do with the rest of the stuff?

Did you look on their site to see if they sell the item you are looking for? If not, why ask a customer service rep if they would sell it to you? Those folks answer general questions about items, and mostly shipping questions, not specific technical questions. There are tons of threads here for that, and of course on HK's very own site. A simple google of the product you have brings up several threads about the item. Did you try any of them? If not why?

It's not perfectly clear what you are looking for, but I presume it's a charging cord. Would something like this work:

http://www.valuehobby.com/accessorie...g-harness.html

At $5.00, it's a pretty simple one. I've seen others that are more expensive, about $20.00, but they have more things on them.

You might do better making what you need yourself. Or, if you belong to a club check there and someone might have what you need, or can make it for you. All clubs will have guys who are great with virtually every aspect of the hobby.

I don't know that CS is the best route for you at this point. They probably can't help. A local hobby shop may be another option as well.

Hope it works out for ya!

Apr 24, 2013, 05:51 PM
Registered User
TYVM for responding to the post.
Yes I had seen that the Hand has not been on in a while but I was hoping as the moderator he would still see this. Originally I was looking for Mr. Hand email address but this was all I could find.
Any way lol
I do understand a company will not open a box simply to ship a single part or piece to a customer, but due to the lack of response from HK I was venting hoping to get some reply. Initially I purchased the Eco 6-10 charger from HobbyKing and that is why I was going through them at first to see if I could get their support department to "support" their own product. I had looked on their site and they do not list or show any cables for this charger...unlike Tower Hobbies that does have replacement leads for many of their charger that they sell. The one reply I did receive from HK support team referenced a balancing charging board, not any cables or leads at all. That Is why I was attempting to reiterate my request for the proper cables to them. I have searched the web for the Eco 6-10 charger and most of the links are either reviews, complaints about the charger or HK in general or other vendors selling the charger, which is a HobbyKing item to begin with. That is why I was contacting the HK support line since I had originally purchased it from them to begin with. I was also hoping to maybe get the number to the manufacture of the charger and contact them directly but none are listed in the manual and only Hobbykings name is on all the literature and packaging. And like you mentioned I was thinking to get a replacement I would have to fab one myself instead of relying on the support of HK. I was just hoping to have one direct from the manufacture and not one I would piece together from the local hobby shop. It would have been nice if HK could support their own product line, but alas......that is not to be.
Again thanks much for the response and info.
Best regards
Scott
Apr 25, 2013, 08:19 PM
Suspended Account
This is the one right?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_w_acc_.html


If so take a look at these following links.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...SortOrder=desc

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rge_Leads.html


Between the two of them you should be able to find what you need I would think. Specifically this:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...g_harness.html

Another alternative is to get another charger, this one still looks like its in stock and about 40.00. I just got a second charger (another brand) and I love having the ability to charge with more than one, plus I have one of the boards that allows multiple batteries to be charged.

Hope that helps.
Old Jul 09, 2013, 07:07 AM
pttawfik
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread).
Jul 11, 2013, 03:51 PM
Registered User
punkindrublik's Avatar
Geez, just ban this guy already...
Latest blog entry: Independence Day Sale at MRM!
Jul 11, 2013, 05:28 PM
Registered User
Jimbo45cn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik
Geez, just ban this guy already...
wow, just try reading some of that. Reminds me of the Unabomber manifesto. yikes.
Jul 11, 2013, 05:34 PM
Registered User
punkindrublik's Avatar
Hah! No kidding. I could probably understand it with a dictionary in one hand and shot of tequila in the other...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo45cn
wow, just try reading some of that. Reminds me of the Unabomber manifesto. yikes.
Latest blog entry: Independence Day Sale at MRM!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USA to Canada -- DELAYS !! Please read frederm2002 Vendor Talk 39 May 05, 2006 03:55 PM
********** FS : POLY - QUEST PQ-1800-HG 2S 7.4V 1,800 mAh Lipoly Battery Pack chrisc Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Mar 25, 2005 07:47 PM
Todd's Models now has a Toll Free # Todd Long Parkflyers 0 Feb 11, 2004 02:43 PM
Seasonal Difference between the USA and Canada 1987tc Humor 3 Jan 22, 2004 04:52 PM