This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 06, 2007, 02:36 AM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Wikipedia redux

I must be nuts.

I gave Wikipedia another go.

Now I'm questioning my sanity.

I did some good edits including a few on R/C topics of which there are few. I'm the one who added most of them over the last few years. However, I have low tolerance for vandals and they're worse than ever. Nearly 100 percent of new users add pure nonsense and get their yuks contesting the deletion of their idiocy. Teens and preteens posting insult pages, college students who can't spell adding nonsense, spam...the list goes on. No wonder the academic world thinks it's useless. Frankly, I have no tolerance for people screwing up a good resource which is what these idiots are doing and over which I can't seem to break away. If this is what it's like to be really addicted to something negative, patrolling new pages on Wikipedia sure does qualify. I believe I have a level of integrity. I research my subjects and either write from scratch or add facts. Sometimes I'm wrong and I either correct myself or another editor catches the error.

If you want to absolutely howl with laughter, go to www.theonion.com and search for Wikipedia.

I quit nineteen months ago and returned for a brief period between September '06 and January '07. Absence may make the heart grow fonder, but it isn't going to fix that site. So, if you please, exit stage right, quietly and with no fanfare or page blanking.

I'll just rant here and continue to try and put a smile on your face and info in your head, on a site dedicated to a single subject we all love. In fact, my new article on my new plane has nearly 160 hits and it's not even available yet for public view.

Viva RC Groups!
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Oct 06, 2007 at 02:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2007, 09:27 AM
How do I change this text?
I did your recommended search on the Onion and what a hoot! Very funny stuff. Thanks!

This pic sums it up well:
Last edited by Darth_Elevator; Oct 06, 2007 at 09:37 AM.
Oct 12, 2007, 06:46 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Told ya. That picture is from the very article I was talking about. I almost cannot go to that site on a regular basis since I about laugh up a lung every time I do.

Quick Reply