Sep 13, 2010, 02:15 PM
aka KF7DS
Ready to maiden weather and time permitting...can't wait!

Don
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2010, 07:33 PM
God is my pilot
Looking good! Enjoy the new plane.
Sep 13, 2010, 07:53 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
Very nice build..
I dusted mine off and flew it yesterday.
It was my aileron trainer and still sweet.

Good luck.
Sep 14, 2010, 02:22 PM
aka KF7DS
Now, time to build my:
EZ Sport
SmoothE
Tyro
and god knows what else from MM...maybe the Lucky Ace, of course!

Don
Dec 02, 2010, 08:07 PM
aka KF7DS

Finished My SmoothE

Finished about 2 weeks ago, but weather has been bad so have not had a chance to maiden.

Now, onto an EZ Sport and a Poly Pulsar 2M

Don
Jan 18, 2013, 09:24 PM
Curious what happened to this line of kits? All I can find on the Mountain Models website is fuselage kits. Are the wing cores and center "latch" ribs available?
If I were to purchase a fuselage kit, is there an alternate wing available? The EZ building theme really appealed to me!
Jan 18, 2013, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorBob
Curious what happened to this line of kits? All I can find on the Mountain Models website is fuselage kits. Are the wing cores and center "latch" ribs available?
If I were to purchase a fuselage kit, is there an alternate wing available? The EZ building theme really appealed to me!
Last words from Brian is that he wanted design a proper (balsa) wing for the EZ series. Seems many of the foam wing designs are disappearing.

My guess is hassle with the foam cutting or foam price combined with low sales volume contributed to this decision. Maybe Brian will chime in.

I'm kinda fond of my EZ Scout.
Jan 18, 2013, 11:44 PM
Closed Account
I've got an EZ Sport and EZ Cub. The wing attachment is pure genius. It would be a great update for all the kits with rubber band on wings. Luckily I bought two spare EZ wing kits a long time ago. Don't remember what for though. When covered properly they're pretty much indestructible. I'll never forget watching Brian mercilessly beat the crap out of an EZ wing at AEF several years ago with no damage. Horrifying and quite amusing all at the same time.

Joe
Jan 19, 2013, 12:53 PM
Joe,
I really like the looks of the "Sport," I am thinking I will order a fuselage kit and scratch build a wing for it.
Last edited by MajorBob; Jan 31, 2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Thought better
Jan 19, 2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorBob
Joe,
I really like the looks of the "Sport," I am thinking I will order a fuselage kit and scratch build a wing for it. Question: If you happen to have a wing kit for the sport, could I trouble you for a tracing of the center rib with the tabs that engage the locking mechanism? The rest I think I could cobble together myself.
Once upon a time I think I had a spare but I can't find it now.
MM may have one around that they could include.
Shoot Brian an email.
The rib for the low wing differs from the high wing rib.
Jan 19, 2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartricky
Once upon a time I think I had a spare but I can't find it now.
MM may have one around that they could include.
Shoot Brian an email.
The rib for the low wing differs from the high wing rib.
Thanks for looking. I will email Brian.
Last edited by MajorBob; Jan 19, 2013 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Addressed to the wrong poster.
Oct 05, 2019, 01:04 AM
Come fly with us in Henryetta
I was thinking about these planes today. Sure was nice flying and super quick and easy to build.
If they ever came back I know I would buy several! I know that's not likely but a pleasant thought.
Oct 06, 2019, 08:49 AM
Yep. I still have one I havn't flown in a while.
They were fairly cheap and went together fast.
Also with the way the wing bounces out they are more durable.
Oct 07, 2019, 10:26 AM
I sure wish my EZ Sport was still around, it was my go to plane. It was just a fun little airplane to fly!
Oct 07, 2019, 12:10 PM
Come fly with us in Henryetta
I think they were not only a real bargain on great flying airplanes. They were a great introduction to building and to mountain models kits.

Quick Reply