Oct 02, 2007, 10:41 PM
zoidburg! (\/)(;,;)(\/)
Thread OP
Discussion

23'' FFF Me-109

sorry i didnt take build pictures. i recently decided i wanted to make a small area flyer. i just chose the 109 as it was pretty simple. i wasnt going for complete scale realisim i just wanted it to be simmilar. i want to do A/E/T controls but i dont know if i should do full length ailerons or "scale" size ailerons. if i did it the scale route i would have to use torque rods and that might be heavy. i might be able to do pull-pull ailerons but that gets complicated. i also dont know about the wing area, should i add more to the TE? the airframe weigh 40g currently, i still have a bit more painting to do.
here is what i plan on using.

GWS LPS motor+gearbox
GWS pico servos(possibly remove casing)
GWS 4ch reciver
GWS 2 amp esc
2 cell 300mah lipo

any comments or suggestions are greatly appriciated

-Chris
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2007, 10:45 PM
zoidburg! (\/)(;,;)(\/)
Thread OP
current...i didnt go off any plans...just eyeballed everything. lol.
Oct 02, 2007, 11:56 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
Uh-Oh. Wrong tail markings.
Nice looking plane.
Oct 03, 2007, 08:16 PM
zoidburg! (\/)(;,;)(\/)
Thread OP
just waiting on electronics.
Oct 07, 2007, 05:20 PM
zoidburg! (\/)(;,;)(\/)
Thread OP
well she is pretty much done. i am using pull-pull for the ailerons. i have used this system on the fantastic models at-6 and it worked awsome, but, i used it on this and they did not work out. they would only move down, they would not go up. everything was hooked up so one side would go down and the other up but they just couldnt move up. i have tried an tried to get it to work but i cannot get it. anybody got any ideas? torque rods would have to be long and would be heavy but i dont know. any help wpuld be nice.
Oct 07, 2007, 05:31 PM
HappySpringPerson
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman
Uh-Oh. Wrong tail markings.
I agree that swastika should go but its really up to u.

Will you be painting the model? any ideas in which colors?
Oct 07, 2007, 09:14 PM
zoidburg! (\/)(;,;)(\/)
Thread OP
i will get some pics. i know how some people feel about it(swastika) but i feel that it is part of history for this plane and that it should be there. i mean it is really a good sybol, many socities have used it for differand but good things. i do know what happend and it is a tragety, but ignorance is not bliss. i know that some things may have come out wrong but i can assure you that I DO NOT SUPPORT NAZIISIM(if that is what you call it)! i fell that it was/ is wrong in my opinion. sorry for my spelling. lol.

but does anybody have any ideas for the ailerons? i will put some pics up here in a bit.
Oct 08, 2007, 05:08 PM
HappySpringPerson
Go with full span ailerons they are more forgiving at slow speed landings.

Is the aileron area your confused about?
Oct 08, 2007, 05:10 PM
HappySpringPerson
How about posting some specs of the model like wing span/area/fuse lenth...
Oct 08, 2007, 10:42 PM
zoidburg! (\/)(;,;)(\/)
Thread OP
i might have to switch to full length ailerons...the WS is 23'' and it is 21.75'' long.
Last edited by kase_kopf; Oct 10, 2007 at 10:35 PM.

Quick Reply