This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 10, 2019, 02:41 PM
My previous statement that the jumper t16 worked in PPM 16 may have been premature....

I tested it with the latest model of nano RC and it appeared to work, but on closer inspection the servo movement is gravely and a bit jittery. When changing to 8ch operation servo movement was smooth.

I then tried an older nano Rx on 16ch and it barely worked at all. 8ch is fine.

A pity as I like the radio.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2019, 08:12 PM
Thread OP
Keep in mind that if you change the number of channels being used, you HAVE to rebind the receiver! So, if bind with 8 channel PPM you can't just switch it to 9 (or more channels). You MUST bind in the mode you are going to be using.
Jun 11, 2019, 03:50 AM
I was rebinding each time.

Had another play tonight with a spare rfu and x10. Not sure what firmware version they are but would be fairly old. Managed to get up to about 12 channels before it lost the plot. ( rebinding each time )

That's a bit more encouraging as the max channels I currently have in a model is 10, most are around 5-8.

Would love to know why the XJT mode does not work but I think it's beyond the scope of an oscilloscope!
Jun 11, 2019, 12:33 PM
Thread OP
Do you like the Jumper T16 case? I have been offered the ability to get these cases without the electronics as a possible setup for our transmitter.
Jun 11, 2019, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Do you like the Jumper T16 case? I have been offered the ability to get these cases without the electronics as a possible setup for our transmitter.
Get out of town !!! Thinking about it is a step in the right direction, I guess ....
Jun 11, 2019, 04:26 PM
The case seems fine so far, although have only flown one model on it so far. Next step is to setup a model with flaps so I can try out the sliders. I think there orientation may be a bit awkward but time will tell. (I'm used to an old Futaba 9C)

The grip seemed comfortable and I was able to reach the gimbals just fine. I tested a glider that I use the right hand momentary spring switch for motor and that seemed very similar to my old radio.

I like the clean lines, less places for dirt to hide, although I always have preferred a top mounted screen as on my Evo, but for the price it seems pretty good.
Jun 11, 2019, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
The form-factor looks fine. If that became the XPS3216, I'd be in.
Jun 11, 2019, 10:16 PM
Thread OP
I have always wanted a color display to start with.
Jun 11, 2019, 10:29 PM
What versions of OpenTX has the XPS JR module been confirmed to work with in XJT mode?

Jumper T16 uses a fork of OpenTx 2.2.3 and from my quick look the pxx_arm.cpp code does not appear to have been changed between them.
Jun 12, 2019, 12:33 PM
Thread OP
All versions of OpenTx work with our JR module in XJT mode. The last one I tested personally (which required a fix for a change in the XJT protocol with 2.2.2). You did remember to put our JR module into XJT mode, right?
Jun 12, 2019, 11:22 PM
Fairly certain I did have it in XJT mode.

Turned on holding the button in until LED was red & released. Cycled through till got Orange, then pressed twice to set XJT.
Jun 13, 2019, 01:43 PM
Thread OP
Yes, that is correct. I have one coming, so I can check out what the issue is.
Jun 15, 2019, 10:29 AM
Jim,
Do you have a universal module that I could use in My Futaba 8FGS (14 channel) like some of the other DIY upgrades out there. I plan on this tx to only use the XPS transmitter. PPM is readily available. I want to mount the module inside the transmitter like the EVO module
Steve
Last edited by Funfly8; Jun 15, 2019 at 11:07 AM.
Jun 15, 2019, 12:32 PM
Thread OP
There is a thread somewhere here where someone mounted a Universal Module inside one of the newer (module-less) Futaba transmitter. You just need the space to mount the module, a PPM signal, and also an antenna connection.

Quick Reply