Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 01, 2017, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211
What's Vaporware? I've only ever had one issue with XPS and no one has ever been able to explain it. Details in a new thread later.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post38724013
Vaporware to me is a “non existent “ item for sale to the public ......I could be wrong but I think the reference was to the XPS TRANSMITTER
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2017, 08:45 AM
Thermals, Tom
That's what I though.
Amazing people are still ganging up on Jim.

I had a Futaba guy (he thought he was, he just got to wear their clothes at Toledo) tell me that Jim was the laughing stock of the industry while praising the AMA's decision to hire Tony Stillman because he was the most knowledgeable radio man around. I then told him Tony uses Jim's system in his conversions.
Latest blog entry: Steak and Old Timers
Dec 01, 2017, 09:37 AM
Vaporware is a product that does not exist and has never actually be shown. We have demo'd our transmitter at numerous trade shows and fly-ins.
Dec 01, 2017, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Vaporware is a product that does not exist and has never actually be shown. We have demo'd our transmitter at numerous trade shows and fly-ins.
It’s a matter of semantics.....

Doesn’t matter that you showed it 6 yrs ago at a trade show and it doesn’t matter if you’ve taken it to xyz fun flys ......

To ME , if it’s not available for me to purchase it does NOT exist now does it ????
Dec 02, 2017, 07:04 AM
Thermals, Tom
I like supporting the cottage industries. They built the hobby
Latest blog entry: Steak and Old Timers
Dec 02, 2017, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211
I like supporting the cottage industries. They built the hobby
As do I .... I’ve used XPS products for yrs in my JR transmitter....... a couple of years ago I bought a Taranis and the link has been as solid as XPS. I now use both systems.....

I would have most likely bought the XPS transmitter instead of the Taranis but well, you know the rest . No sense in beating a “dead transmitter “ to death !
Dec 02, 2017, 02:04 PM
When we release a transmitter, I will make sure that only certain people are allowed to purchase it.
Dec 02, 2017, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
When we release a transmitter, I will make sure that only certain people are allowed to purchase it.
But.... but..... I've been on the "waiting list" since day one !!!
Feb 18, 2018, 06:22 PM
Is the Newest Graupner radios supported? I wish to use my XPS Nanos if I could and an X10
Thanks, Darren
Feb 19, 2018, 02:40 AM
The Nano receivers are compatible only with Graupner iFS transmitters. The X10+ supports the newer HoTT receivers used with the HoTT transmitters.
Nov 17, 2018, 08:20 PM
Jim: The OP post doesn't show the Graupner MZ series radios as being compatible.
Anything going on with that?

My beloved Evo12 (now "XPS 16" with your module) is getting long in the tooth and I'm thinking I'll need to change to another TX in the sort of near future.
The Graupner MZ's look like a good candidate going forward, or maybe the Taranis Horus 10.
Nov 17, 2018, 09:10 PM
It would be nice if it could be the fanthom XPS transmitter ..... but we all know that ainít gonna happen ......
Nov 18, 2018, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez
It would be nice if it could be the fanthom XPS transmitter ..... but we all know that ainít gonna happen ......
You should probably give that up.

I accepted it wasn't going to happen a couple of years ago, and that's why I turned my very favorite radio (EVO12) into an XPS system, going with Nano's, et al.
I'm disappointed that EVO sales and support has essentially been totally dropped in the US, so I've been thinking about what very capable radio might succeed my EVO in the near future.
The Graupner MZ-32 (32 channels!... and yes, they have a use) along with it's incredibly open user-selectable programming makes it the likely contender, but the $1K+ price does have me looking at least as seriously at the Horus (I'm probably one of the few who actually likes OpenTX).
For my part, I'm just hoping more that XPS will continue to supply the great stuff they do, continue to control their pricing, and to improve and expand their RC product line in the future. If the company shuts down their RC division in favor of what (Jim says) is the more profitable commercial stuff they do, then we'd be losing something special indeed. If Jim ever gets bored with RC, then we're all in trouble.

That said, if I had an XPS equipped MZ-32 with a full feature XPS module installed, I would probably pass on a "new" XPS3216 anyway.

Juan, you've been taunting Jim about the (nonexistent and never will be) XPS3216 for years (I've noted your posts ), but it looks to me like other companies have already surpassed the original design intent of the XPS3216, so maybe you should just use one of those radios and let it go.
If you look at the original list of XPS3216 "intended features", the MZ-32 is darn close if not moreso.
The XPS3216 features are already available in other currently available transmitters, and keep in mind that the biggest fantasy of all is the stated price of the XPS3216 ($249 - $299).
Anyone who thinks that could still happen should be pretty excited because I think Santa is going to bring them one for Christmas (Santa and the XPS3216 share the same reality )

It's because the MZ-32 seems to share many or most of the features of the XPS3216 that I'm looking seriously at it. But jeez, the price.
Nov 18, 2018, 09:26 AM

Radios

About six months ago I contacted you and asked if you had a module that would work with the Horus transmitter. Someone told me it was "In the works"
Do you have one? I need more than the 8 channels my Futaba 10 CAP can provide.
Alan Y
Nov 18, 2018, 03:35 PM
Quote:
You should probably give that up.

I accepted it wasn't going to happen a couple of years ago, and that's why I turned my very favorite radio (EVO12)

Juan, you've been taunting Jim about the (nonexistent and never will be) XPS3216 for years (I've noted your posts ), but it looks to me like other companies have already surpassed the original design intent of the XPS3216, so maybe you should just use one of those radios and let it go.
I accepted the fact that there will not be any XPS transmitter a number of years ago.....That's why I still use my JR transmitter and also purchased the Taranis radio....The Taranis is much more capable than what the XPS transmitter was "supposed" to offer......

I would not call my posts as "taunting" Jim........ He is the one that keeps insisting that the transmitter project is still alive although on the back burner.....We've all heard Jim's business reasons why he's not working on the transmitter project. And they may be very valid reasons indeed......

I will stop my asking about it from time to time when Jim has the gonads to come on the board and come clean with the fact that there will be no transmitter.

I'm sure there is no one here reading these posts that honestly believes that someday, an XPS transmitter will be released......

Quick Reply