Radio compatibility - what radios are supported? - Page 11 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 01, 2017, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211
What's Vaporware? I've only ever had one issue with XPS and no one has ever been able to explain it. Details in a new thread later.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post38724013
Vaporware to me is a “non existent “ item for sale to the public ......I could be wrong but I think the reference was to the XPS TRANSMITTER
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2017, 08:45 AM
Thermals, Tom
That's what I though.
Amazing people are still ganging up on Jim.

I had a Futaba guy (he thought he was, he just got to wear their clothes at Toledo) tell me that Jim was the laughing stock of the industry while praising the AMA's decision to hire Tony Stillman because he was the most knowledgeable radio man around. I then told him Tony uses Jim's system in his conversions.
Dec 01, 2017, 09:37 AM
Vaporware is a product that does not exist and has never actually be shown. We have demo'd our transmitter at numerous trade shows and fly-ins.
Dec 01, 2017, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Vaporware is a product that does not exist and has never actually be shown. We have demo'd our transmitter at numerous trade shows and fly-ins.
It’s a matter of semantics.....

Doesn’t matter that you showed it 6 yrs ago at a trade show and it doesn’t matter if you’ve taken it to xyz fun flys ......

To ME , if it’s not available for me to purchase it does NOT exist now does it ????
Dec 02, 2017, 07:04 AM
Thermals, Tom
I like supporting the cottage industries. They built the hobby
Dec 02, 2017, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211
I like supporting the cottage industries. They built the hobby
As do I .... I’ve used XPS products for yrs in my JR transmitter....... a couple of years ago I bought a Taranis and the link has been as solid as XPS. I now use both systems.....

I would have most likely bought the XPS transmitter instead of the Taranis but well, you know the rest . No sense in beating a “dead transmitter “ to death !
Dec 02, 2017, 02:04 PM
When we release a transmitter, I will make sure that only certain people are allowed to purchase it.
Dec 02, 2017, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
When we release a transmitter, I will make sure that only certain people are allowed to purchase it.
But.... but..... I've been on the "waiting list" since day one !!!