Apr 24, 2016, 04:47 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgunpilot View Post
Will XPS modules be compatible with the new FrSky Horus transmitter?
Horus has an "external" port that you can open the Tx and plug into. They should be keeping the same D16 module protocol, so I expect it to work just fine.

...either way, I'll be finding out as soon as they're in stock at AMain.com
to remove ads between posts
Apr 25, 2016, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. The Horus has enough of the features I'm looking for - I might give it a try.
Jun 30, 2016, 12:15 AM

Futaba 9c module 8FG

Jim,
Will the 9C module work with a pigtail going to the trainer port on the 8FG or will I have to get a Universal module. I have a spare 9C module since aquiring the 8FG that replaced a9C

Steve
Jun 30, 2016, 08:39 AM
Thread OP
As long as the 8FG's trainer port has power coming from it, you can use the pigtail with our universal module. You might be able to use the 9C module, but again you will definitely need power coming out of the trainer port. Futaba has a habit of removing power from their trainer ports in their modern radios.
Apr 28, 2017, 04:30 PM
Jim, I have three choices to try out XPS, JR 10X, Taranis, Futaba 12FG. I at first thought you said 12FG was not compatible but you must have meant there was no module for it, so I would need to go universal module. Is there any downside to this. My 12FG is one that shipped as a 2.4, not the 72, don't know if that make a difference. I do know if I go to the programming mode there is no PPM but there is a square training plug on the back. Are there any instructions to look at as to how to do this. Also the reason I quit using the JR10X was lack of some programming functions the 12FG offers.
Apr 28, 2017, 06:48 PM
Thread OP
See this thread for info:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...or-Futaba-12FG
Jun 20, 2017, 10:43 PM
Hi Jim, I have been using the XtremeLink module in my Futaba T9CAP transmitter for years and I am now considering buying the new Taranis Plus transmitter which they say will accept a JR module. If I bought your JR XtreameLink module for the Teranis Plus transmitter would I be able to use my Xtream NANO receivers with the new setup. I have about 20 Nano receivers in 20 airplanes and I hate to replace all of the receivers due to the cost. Please advise when time allows.
Jun 21, 2017, 05:36 AM
Yes..... it would not be any different from using the XPS module in a JR 9303 TX which is what I do now ....
Jun 21, 2017, 10:27 AM
Thread OP
Correct, there would be no difference - but you would need to re-bind each receiver due to the change in frame rate and number of channels. That information is stored in the receiver itself.
Jun 23, 2017, 06:34 PM
Blue Stick's Dad
Hey Jim. I own a lot of Nano receivers that are at least 5 years old. I just bought two new Spektrum DX8 Gen2 transmitters but I can't seem to bind to the nano's. Is there a solution?
Jun 23, 2017, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Koester View Post
Hey Jim. I own a lot of Nano receivers that are at least 5 years old. I just bought two new Spektrum DX8 Gen2 transmitters but I can't seem to bind to the nano's. Is there a solution?
I don't think your DX8 radios have a module bay so you can't install an XPS module ........ therefore, there is no solution to your situation that I know of ..... the nano or any other XPS receiver is not compatible with anything other than XPS Protocol....
Jun 23, 2017, 09:25 PM
Thread OP
No 2.4GHz system is cross-brand compatible. You could use our Universal Module and plug it into the DX8 trainer port.
Jun 26, 2017, 02:20 PM
Blue Stick's Dad
Buzzkill I really like my Nano's and I have soo many! But I have to move on from my Royal Evo 12 transmitter
Nov 29, 2017, 05:19 PM
Thread OP
JR 11XGV works with our JR module (J1).
Dec 01, 2017, 06:58 AM
Thermals, Tom
What's Vaporware? I've only ever had one issue with XPS and no one has ever been able to explain it. Details in a new thread later.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post38724013
Latest blog entry: Steak and Old Timers

Quick Reply