This thread is privately moderated by StarmanDXE, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 30, 2007, 05:56 PM
Trader Rating: 40
Advanced Learner
Thread OP
Sold

PC Power Supply modded for 12V/15A output

Well, I had this power supply sitting around and I modded it for someone (who has decided to buy a "real" power supply ). So, now I've got it sitting around and still have no need/space for it

There are no plugs on the output wires (yellow for +12 and black for ground) and I don't have any extra power supply cables around (but someone mentioned that GoodWill stores would be a good supply for this).

Anyways, I'm asking $10 shipped conus Sold

LMK if you're interested Or maybe we can trade for something... Looking for some odds and ends for my TRex
Last edited by StarmanDXE; Oct 09, 2007 at 10:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2007, 10:08 PM
Advanced Learner
Thread OP
Alright. Now I've got a 2nd for sale. (Previous buyer apparently found one and didn't feel like telling me.)

$10 shipped conus!
Oct 09, 2007, 04:21 AM
Trader Rating: 27
nooobama
I'll take it for $10 if it is already converted to our use. I can take it from there (i didn;t have good luck getting 12v out on the one i tried on).
Thanks, Cas
Oct 09, 2007, 08:50 AM
Advanced Learner
Thread OP
It's yours if you want it

But, if you haven't given up hope yet, this is all I've done for the 3 that I've made:

-Solder the green wire to a black wire. (This needs to be done because the MOBO of the computer will close this gap with a switch telling the PSU that it should come on.)

-Solder a red wire (or, in at least 1 instance for me, I needed to solder 2 or 3 red wires) across a 10 ohm, 10 watt resistor (you can get 2 at RadioShack for <$1) to a black wire. (Most PSUs will not turn on without some sort of load. That is what the resistor is doing: supplying a load when the charger is not plugged in.)

-Have a yellow wire and a black wire extending out of the case to supply your +12 V

But, if you don't feel like messing with yours anymore, I can just send you this one...

LMK.
Oct 09, 2007, 11:07 AM
Trader Rating: 27
nooobama
I'll take it. send me your pp and I'll get it right out to ya.
Thanks, Cas

Quick Reply