Samotage has had a great two days slopetrashing around the bass coast. All thanks to jason H for hosting over night and being a top sport.
1. Top site located Friday morning - swoopdown and I have that Special Eating grin
2. 43 knots measured. Nice.
3. JW test goes well
4. Rodent gets out - king awesome!
5. Rain squall forces an "arrival" soaked to bone, and field repair necessary.
6. Shelter under bush intil rain subsides.
7. Repair Rodentia.
8. Re-toss Rodentia to find an aileron linkage has a "non-optimality" - hilarity does not ensue.
9. Lob in at Gunna (aka jason H's) and his good Mrs lets samotage and Mick into the shed to commence "repairs"
10. Complete re-lamination to the arrival of Gunna... Gunna then takes on the role of "shop nurse" (though probably "matron" is the more appropriate title)
11. Complete repairs, and relaunch on Saturday morning. A top run before running out of "energy" on arrival. Hilarity does not ensue.
a) 3 planes to repair.
- F-20 whom suffered post synatpic failure cartwheel syndrome
- Rodent that has wing delamination from an stalled base leg
- Limit whom suffered "schultze" dimentia.
- A top grin from two magnificient and sensational Jart runs, whom Hytram (marty) has all the footage.
and the car still packed.
bloody computer crash... just lost 2hr work...
damn, I have to watch that Jart pumping again
(yes, I had auto save on...but it didnt auto save!!)
(( damn pirate software))
((( did I sat that? no? must be the scotch speaking)))
(((( ARRRRRRRHHHHHHH ))))
I was observing the wild weather unfold on Friday - at least in the virtual sense, from the comfort of my desk - and indeed it looked rather extreme (max. gust at South Channel Island was 48 knots at 11:15). I'm most impressed that mini aviation was prosecuted in the face of such great adversity and I look forward to seeing photographic evidence of same.
Yes was a pretty extreme weekend,
- 35+ knts from the west (sort of)
- Ventnor, one of Gunna's faved local slopes.
- 4 top pilots
- 5 damaged planes
- 2 dead Rx's
- 1 WAR DANCE
- lots of divits
- 1 jart-o-merkin
- Hytram gets to use his rescue gear
- Some big-ass steaks and afew pots at the "Razzle"
- I bit a "Boom Chika Wah Wah"
Jase the misses didnt get home till early arvo so we flew at rabbit hill and it was pumpin between 35 to 45knts awsome lift on the front side not much good down the back not from a lac of tryin though.
12 models flown
2 models broken through combatin